Contract Compliance Testing Consultant (6-month contract)
About Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Reporting to the APAC Financial Crimes Testing and Validation (T&V) Manager in Hong Kong, Wells Fargo International T&V team has an opening for a Testing and Validation Consultant position responsible for leading and executing financial crimes testing coverage for business lines (Trade Services, FX, Wells Fargo Securities, Corporate Banking, Middle Market Banking, Financial Institution Group, Commercial Distribution Finance and supporting operations) operating in the APAC region to ensure compliance with U.S. and local law as applicable.
Roles and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Design, develop, execute and lead testing in accordance with the Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy and the Enterprise Testing Control Testing and Issue Validation Procedures.
- Provide credible challenge and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls.
- Report findings and provide recommendations to Lines of Business and management (regional and in the U.S.).
- Perform issue validation work to provide an independent assessment of the appropriateness, completeness, effectiveness, and sustainability of corrective actions taken to address regulatory compliance issues.
- Involve in the compilation of the annual compliance testing plan.
- Assist in handling T&V Quality Assurance and Wells Fargo Audit Services' reviews.
- Work with International business groups and APAC regions and offices to provide compliance and risk expertise.
Basic Work Experience
• 5 to 8+ years of compliance testing or audit experience at global financial institutions / Big4 professional firms
• Strong working knowledge of audit/compliance testing principles including sampling methods
• Demonstrated understanding of financial crimes compliance and/or operational risk management industry requirements and practices
• experience in reviewing work paper and provide supervision to team members on a job basis
• Ability to multi-task between multiple and ongoing responsibilities and assignments and meet deliverables in tight timeframes
• Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to apply risk judgement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exhibits flexibility and adaptability
• Fast learner
• Drive for success and result
• University degree holder in finance, accounting, law or related major
• Related certification (such as CPA, CIA, CAMS, CISA, or similar)
• Working knowledge of International Group and Wells Fargo organizational structure
• Understanding of the company's policies and tools
• Foreign language skills (Asia language is desirable)
• Knowledge of commercial banking products, and U.S. and Asia Pacific regulatory requirements
Back to top