Consumer Loan Underwriter (SAFE 3)
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG), we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Consumer Credit Card, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses - Human Resources, Finance, Credit Risk, and Compliance & Operational Risk.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Fulfillment team originates and services mortgage loans using fair and responsible lending practices to help turn houses into homes.
- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting large, unusual or complex individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines
- Dependent on division and complexity of underwriting, functions may include reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios (i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value); evaluating; examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness; preparing formal reports for review; ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines; implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews; assisting with re-negotiations of loans based on lending guidelines; contacting customers and partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind credit decision
- May provide work direction and/or training to lower level team members and provide performance feedback to supervisor/manager
• This position has customer contact and job duties may include taking an application, and/or may include offering or negotiating the terms of a loan. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results
- 4+ years of underwriting experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills including analyzing complex data
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Exposure to the Wells Fargo's CORE origination system
- Knowledge and understanding of FHA and VA loans
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage origination: review of income, asset, and credit documentation
- Knowledge and understanding of underwriting policies and procedures, investor guidelines, and regulatory updates
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Experience with underwriting policies and procedures such as risk-layering and asset evaluation
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
CA-Rancho Cordova: 11000 White Rock Rd - Rancho Cordova, CA
CA-San Diego: 10421 Wateridge Cir - San Diego, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top