Consumer Loan Underwriter (SAFE) 1
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
- Join the #1 Home Equity originator ( Source: Company sources; Based on new commitments )
Our Home Equity team serves customers in all aspects of applying for and receiving home equity loans and/or lines of credit across the nation. This organization provides service to customers from the point of application submission, all the way to funding.
Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting routine individual consumer requests and products with few deviations and within company and industry guidelines.
Dependent on division, functions may include reviewing credit applications, credit bureau information, collateral valuation, tax returns, financial statements, and or other supporting documentation to recommend/approve requests within decisioning authority levels by way of automated scoring system or traditional underwriting; assisting with the calculations and preparation of reports for review; responding to customer inquiries and credit decisions; ensuring credit files are current, complete, and compliant with company standards; contacting customers and partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind credit decisions, and/or to sell/promote line products.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 6+ months of experience in one or a combination of the following: underwriting, processing, originations, or closing; or an AA/AS degree or higher; or 2+ years of military experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exposure to the Wells Fargo’s CORE origination system
- Knowledge and understanding of home equity or mortgage processes
- Ability to achieve high production and quality standards
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Wells Fargo system Coast to Coast
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St – Tempe, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0168297 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top