Consumer Loan Underwriter 2
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
- Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer ( Source: Inside Mortgage Finance )
Our Default Servicing team engages, understands and advises consumer real estate customers of available solutions to resolve mortgage delinquencies.
This position is located within the Loss Mitigation department and is specific to the Specialty (includes Bankruptcy) Home Preservation team.
This position will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting moderate individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines. Dependent on division, functions may include evaluating and ensuring overall loan documents are accurate, complete, and compliant; reviewing of financial statements, credit reports, applicable ratios (i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value) and other supporting documentation; using an automated scoring system or traditional underwriting to determine acceptability of moderate requests; contacting customers and partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind credit decisions, and/or to sell/promote line products; staying abreast of any changes in underwriting provisions; working with production to resolve questions when possible.
Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Based on business need this position may require overtime, which may include Saturdays.
- *This individual must currently have or be willing to obtain Delegation of Authority Level within 90-120 days of hire date**
- Please note: Posting duration may be shortened based on job seeker volume*
- 2+ years of underwriting experience; or 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: loan processing, origination, or closing
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with income validation
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, and highly ethical manner
- Time management and organization skills to effectively prioritize multiple objectives and achieve volume goals
- Experience working in a production related environment
- 2 years of underwriting experience
- Current Level B Delegation of Authority or higher
- FHA and/or Bank and Private loss mitigation underwriting experience
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd – San Antonio, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0031153 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top