Compliance Testing Consultant (Regulatory Compliance) (6-month contract)
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Reporting to the APAC Regulatory Compliance Testing and Validation (T&V) Lead in Hong Kong, Wells Fargo International T&V has an opening for a Testing and Validation Consultant position responsible for leading and executing Regulatory Compliance testing coverage for Lines of Business (Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Capital) and shared services operating in the APAC regions to ensure compliance with U.S. and local laws and regulations as applicable.
Roles and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
•Design, develop and execute testing in accordance with the Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy and the Enterprise Testing Control Testing and Issue Validation Procedures
•Provide credible challenge and, evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls.
•Report findings and provide recommendations to Lines of Business and management (regional and in the U.S.)
•Perform issue validation work to provide an independent assessment of the appropriateness, completeness, effectiveness, and sustainability of corrective actions taken to address regulatory compliance issues.
•Involve in the compilation of the annual compliance testing plan
•Assist in handling T&V Quality Assurance and Wells Fargo Audit Services' reviews
•Work with International business groups and APAC regions and offices to provide compliance and risk expertise.
Market Skills and Certifications
Basic Work Experience
• 8+ years of compliance testing or audit experience at global financial institutions / Big4 professional firms
• Strong risk and control mindset
• Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance and/or operational risk management industry requirements and practices
• Experience in reviewing work paper and provide supervision to team members on a job basis
• Ability to multi-task between multiple and ongoing responsibilities and assignments and meet deliverables in tight timeframes
• Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to apply risk judgement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exhibits flexibility and adaptability
• Fast learner
• Ability to travel approximately 10%
• Drive for success and result
• University degree holder in finance, accounting, law or related major
• Audit related certification (such as CPA, CIA, or similar)
• Working knowledge of International Group and Wells Fargo organizational structure
• Understanding of the company's policies and tools
• Foreign language skills (Asia language is desirable)
• Knowledge of banking products, and U.S. and Asia Pacific regulatory requirements
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Kelli C.Senior Business Initiatives Leader for the Innovation Group
Kelli leads a team within Wells Fargo’s Innovation Group. Her team’s focus is to work with areas of the business on engagement and collaboration to help advance their innovation and technology strategies.
Back to top