Compliance Project Manager (Compliance Consultant 4)
At Wells Fargo you'll find a team with proven track records of success who are smart and possess strong values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
This is a position in Compliance within the Compliance Controls & Infrastructure (CCI) team supporting multiple lines of business within Wells Fargo Securities. The CCI team provides program design, technology controls, policies and procedures management, surveillance, risk analysis, and reporting for WFS Compliance and LOB stakeholders.
Experienced project manager with proven leadership skills and accountability for identifying, collecting, and monitoring project tasks in collaboration with other project team members. Background that includes business project management, technical project management, and implementation experience; Compliance, Risk and Operations experience preferred. Must demonstrate detailed and persistent expertise when it comes to communications and relaying vigorous parameters to the collective team for what to expect at every turn of a project.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Perform end-to-end project management, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from start to completion
- Lead project meetings and manage activities in a project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) for efforts that are long-term, across one or more lines of business, medium to high risk, complex in scope, with substantial impact to the relevant businesses
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Interact with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for projects
- Ensure integrity and delivery of multiple projects with respect to time, budget, scope, change, risk and resources
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals
- Manage resource allocation across multiple projects including tracking resource bandwidth and forecasting future availability for scheduling new projects
- Consult with business partners to clarify and define project requirements and business cases
- Work with users to understand compound problems, contribute solution options, and focus on bringing issues to resolution, escalating as necessary to meet timelines
- Create and deliver presentations, including road maps to illustrate schedules and dependencies, to senior management on project progress, business value, goals, critical path, key issues/risks, changes and dependencies
- Facilitate frequent meetings with the project team to drive forward progress and periodic meetings with business unit Compliance officers and key stakeholders to share status and financial information
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Manage multiple projects associated with a specific business related to Compliance
- Proven experience with an analytics team that provides metrics where potential areas of improvements may be needed, recommend ideas to management and implement an action plan
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0069931 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top