Compliance Manager 2 - WIM Financial Crimes Testing
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
We are looking for a Compliance Manager 2 to fill a key role on the WIM Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Testing Team. This position will primarily focus on compliance testing specific to Financial Crimes regulations and policies for Wells Fargo Asset Management. Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Assist in the planning, execution, and results analysis of AML compliance reviews, including validation testing;
- Work with the business lines during test work to understand control processes and to identify action plans to address control deficiencies;
- Ensure adherence to RCRM policies, procedures and other written standards such as CRAS+ and SHRP;
- Communicate testing results both verbally and in a written report;
- Participate in and provide compliance support for AML Compliance projects and initiatives, as requested; and,
- May manage up to 2 compliance consultants, provide coaching and complete performance management activities.
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing a team of compliance professionals in executing a risk-based compliance control testing program to assure compliance with Financial Crimes regulatory requirements and corporate policies, including the Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Policy and Procedures, primarily focused on the Wells Fargo Asset Management business. These responsibilities will include the design and development of compliance testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, initiatives, and internal controls; and the identification and validation of issues resulting from these reviews. In addition, this position will require communication with various levels of management to ensure corrective actions are appropriately developed to ensure regulatory compliance. The manager will be responsible for timely deliverables, written and oral reporting and the work quality and staffing for their team. Further, the manager must provide control and compliance risk expertise or process improvement strategies that are complex in scope, high risk and are large in size and organizational span. Finally, the manager must develop/coordinate/leverage certain responsibilities and best practices with other WIM compliance programs and testing teams and will be responsible for overseeing the production of periodic compliance performance reports (i.e. CAR Reports, Quarterly Risk Review) for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
Responsible for managing the development, implementation and monitoring of a risk-based compliance program for a business or large functional area with moderate to high risk to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements or providing oversight to a comparable area. Works with compliance and business management to identify, formulate and implement compliance policies and procedures for the respective business and/or functional area. Provides compliance risk expertise to business projects and initiatives. Ensures coordination and communication within the business, with other business units, the Law Department, Internal Audit and external agencies as necessary. Works with business line and/or functional management to resolve issues and address deficiencies. Oversees preparation or prepares responses to customer inquiries/complaints. Manages and/or coordinates site, agency or other examinations conducted by external parties. Prepares management reporting. Manages budgets and a team of consultants/specialists.
No relocation assistance is available for this position.
Preferred Location: St. Louis, MO Other WIM hub locations may be considered.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 2+ years of management experience, or 3+ years of leadership experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in a compliance, risk management or audit role performing one or more of the following:
- Review of complex business processes and identification of key controls
- Development and documentation of testing strategies and methodologies
- Evaluating adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes and internal controls
- Communication of issues across various levels of management
- Prior compliance testing, examination or audit experience strongly recommended
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a credible and convincing manner
- Demonstrated capability of exercising independent judgment, critical decision-making, staying organized and managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of the Wells Fargo Asset Management and/or registered investment advisor businesses
- Knowledge and understanding of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Knowledge and understanding of Office of Foreign Assets Control sanctions programs
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Wells Fargo AML/Sanctions credential (WFAMSC), and/or advanced degree or certification (CPA, CFA or CIA)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Exposure to Wells Fargo’s Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) and CRAS+ (Control Risk Analysis System)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0198118 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top