Compliance Consultant 4
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company's compliance independent risk management function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all front-line business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Risk professional to join Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) Compliance on the Marketing Compliance team and play a significant role conducting regulatory compliance risk management oversight for Marketing through independent evaluations of the effectiveness of the compliance program. As part of the role, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating the business program ability to identify and understand applicable risks, including regulatory source expectations, as well as the function's risk management practices to assess, mitigate, and oversee effective control of these risks through governance, policies, procedures, training and awareness, metrics and reporting, and issue identification and escalation. This position is expected to play a role in engaging appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs) to assist with the assessment and mitigation of risks related to corporate staff functions, as well as interact with other risk professionals on our team.
The compliance risk consultant will report to a Compliance Lead for Marketing and will be required to build strong relationships with risk peers/partners, key business and staff group partners, and senior level management in the staff group communities, providing subject matter expertise in the regulatory compliance arena.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate Third Party Risk Management Program compliance requirements with key stakeholders including review, analysis and approval of third party engagements
- Assist in Compliance Monitoring Program activities
- Perform Model Risk compliance reviews
- Review Regulatory Major Requirements and assist in the determination of applicability to the business
- Review new Wells Fargo policies and changes to existing policies to determine applicability to the business
- Review legal regulatory alerts to determine applicability to the business
- Conduct promotional material reviews to ensure compliance risks are effectively mitigated.
- Review and monitor Marketing issues and corrective actions through remediation and develop issues management reports and analysis
- Coordinate compliance training needs for business supported
- Assist in completing risk assessments using compliance risk tools
- Participate in cross business initiatives to ensure successful implementation of applicable regulatory changes or other required action plans
- Collaborate effectively with business, corporate risk, and law department partners
- Assist team members with ad hoc reporting and assignments
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to think beyond the risks today and those related to immediate activities and to look at the risks associated with emerging technologies, capabilities and activities that could drive risks we have not managed previously
- Ability to say "no" to a request tactfully while offering alternative options to get to "yes," if appropriate
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Self-starter who can work independently and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strong process management skills
- Ability to focus on the details of an issue or task while keeping the big picture in mind
- Adaptable to a dynamic and quickly changing, fast-paced work environment where priorities or focus may need to shift frequently
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple deliverables, multi-task and meet deadlines despite competing priorities
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing in the financial services industry
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding the financial services industry
- Knowledge and understanding of banking: regulations, compliance, policies, process, and procedures
- Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in multiple areas of Regulatory Compliance program implementation
- Experience with policy review, analysis and implementation
- Prior experience supporting Regulatory Compliance programs in a large financial institution
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
0223486 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Back to top