Compliance Consultant 3 - WIM Testing and Validation (AML)
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,300 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 263,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. News, insights and perspective from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk areas, including credit risk, operational risk, market risk, strategic risk, and compliance risk.
Corporate Risk strives to ensure that all Wells Fargo enterprise functions and lines of business (LOBs) soundly manage risk, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and offer products and services that meet the needs of our customers. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, Corporate Risk provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, this group provides an independent oversight function within the second line of defense, establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing function at the corporate level. They are responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams throughout corporate risk will be responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
Responsible for performing risk-based compliance control testing to assure compliance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies applicable to the Wealth and Investment Management businesses with a focus on key financial crimes requirements (i.e Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud Risks, etc.). These responsibilities will include the creation and execution of test plans in adherence with the Enterprise Testing and Validation Standards and will include usage of the Wells Fargo SHRP system. Works with assigned business units to provide internal control and compliance risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with moderate to high risk to identify, assess and mitigate regulatory risk in business activities as well as developing corrective action plans for deficiencies. Report findings and draft recommendations to compliance risk and business line management. Coordinate/leverage certain responsibilities and best practices with other brokerage departments (i.e. Internal Controls, Operational Risk) as well as other WIM compliance programs (i.e. Wealth, Retirement, etc.). Produce periodic compliance performance reports (i.e. CAR Reports) for senior management.
Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- 2+ years of audit experience
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance testing
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Prefer prior exposure to compliance and regulatory controls in a financial services environment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as ability to gain an understanding of and evaluate the internal controls of previously unfamiliar areas.
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo Corporate Policies, Procedures and Standards
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
0198118 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top