Compliance Consultant 3 - Wells Fargo Advisors Testing
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,300 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 263,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. News, insights and perspective from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk areas, including credit risk, operational risk, market risk, strategic risk, and compliance risk.
Corporate Risk strives to ensure that all Wells Fargo enterprise functions and lines of business (LOBs) soundly manage risk, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and offer products and services that meet the needs of our customers. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, Corporate Risk provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, this group provides an independent oversight function within the second line of defense, establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing function at the corporate level. They are responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams throughout corporate risk will be responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
Responsible for performing risk-based compliance control testing engagements to assure compliance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies applicable to brokerage (Wells Fargo Advisors). These responsibilities will include independently executing audit-style engagements including thorough planning, the creation and execution of test plans, the identification and escalation of issues in adherence with the Enterprise Testing and Validation Standards and will include usage of the Wells Fargo Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) system. Works with assigned business units to provide internal control and compliance risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with moderate to high risk to identify, assess and mitigate regulatory risk in business activities as well as providing recommendations to strengthen the business control environment. Report findings and draft recommendations to compliance risk and business line management. Coordinate/leverage certain responsibilities and best practices with other brokerage departments (i.e. Internal Controls, Operational Risk) as well as other WIM compliance programs (i.e. Wealth, Retirement, etc.). Produce periodic compliance performance reports (i.e. CAR Reports) for senior management.
This position is only available in St Louis, MO.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- 3+ years of audit experience
- Experience creating, executing, and documenting compliance testing
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
Other Desired Qualifications
- Prefer prior exposure to compliance and regulatory controls in a financial services environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills as well as ability to gain an understanding of and evaluate the internal controls of previously unfamiliar areas.
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo Corporate Policies, Procedures and Standards
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
0198118 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Back to top