Compliance Consultant 3
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At Wells Fargo, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Compliance Consultant 3 (CC3) will be responsible for implementing and monitoring a risk-based compliance program that assures compliance with federal, state, agency, legal, and regulatory requirements and provides oversight to a Compliance function.
- Develops testing strategies and methodologies; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products, and internal controls, and identifies issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations.
- Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identifies training opportunities; may design/coordinate the development of training materials and deliver training.
- Reports findings and drafts recommendations to compliance risk and business line management.
- Coordinates production of periodic compliance performance reports for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- Coordinates site, agency, or other examinations conducted by external parties.
- May manage project teams and provide guidance to less experienced specialists/consultants.
Preferred location: 1 N Jefferson Ave, St. Louis, MO 63103
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring a high level of accuracy and organization
- 2+ years of direct customer service experience resolving issues
- Working knowledge of the following systems: BETA, SmartStation, Word, Excel, CIV, CHAMP, Image Access
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Client Service or related business experience
- 1+ years demonstrated ability to research, compile data, and perform complex analysis on operational complaints to achieve final resolution
- 1+ years independently providing complete summaries of issues and resolution descriptions
- 1+ years strong troubleshooting, resolution, and reporting skills
- 3+ years experience in Complaint Resolutions
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0052543 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top