Community Affairs Associate (Community Relations Associate Consultant)
This position is responsible for program design, management, and administration for Wells Fargo community engagement initiatives and related philanthropy throughout Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. This position is located at 7901 Wisconsin Avenue in Bethesda, MD and does not offer relocation assistance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive the success of Wells Fargo's community relations priorities through strategic philanthropy, team member volunteerism and local activation of enterprise-level programs and national partnerships.
- Conduct site visits and develop relationships with nonprofit leaders; thereby making informed recommendations in our philanthropic process.
- Develop strong partnerships and communication linkages with Wells Fargo line of business leaders, volunteer chapters, affinity groups and functional partners in order to integrate and coordinate Wells Fargo's community involvement.
- Communicate the impact of Wells Fargo's volunteer leadership and corporate philanthropy in our communities. A multi-channel approach will include: publishing annual Community Highlight reports, coordinating check presentations, public speaking, attending networking events and representing the company on internal and external committees.
- Maintain, monitor and analyze regional philanthropy budgets and forecasts. Code grant applications, manage expenses, reconcile budgets, and prepare monthly financial projections to ensure that corporate contributions adhere to company policies.
Corporate Responsibility and Community Relations operates as the link between the company and the communities we serve, focusing on stakeholder engagement and corporate social responsibility strategies and programs. This is an opportunity to serve as a community relations leader in one of the top three most philanthropic companies in the country. The Community Relations Associate Consultant will join a team of mission-driven community relations professionals committed to empowering low and moderate income neighborhoods throughout Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- 3+ years of community relations experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience working in the nonprofit or philanthropic sectors, specifically related to education, workforce development or affordable housing
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience developing financial projections and analyzing variances
- Experience managing budgets and reconciling expenses
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Flexibility to work different shifts
MD-Bethesda: 7901 Wisconsin Ave - Bethesda, MD
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0049364 CHIEFADMINOFFIC/CHIEF ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top