Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
Wholesale Communications, part of Wells Fargo's Corporate Communications group, is responsible for both internal and external communications supporting Wholesale Banking and Wells Fargo's international business operations. The responsibilities of the broader group include employee (team member) communications strategy and implementation, media relations, public relations, and executive counsel and messaging.
To build team member engagement, help team members support customers and meet business objectives, and support in-region executive messaging, the Wholesale & International Communications team is seeking an experienced candidate who can lead internal communications for the Europe, Middle East, and Africa region (EMEA).
Based in London, this position will support all of Wells Fargo's lines of business currently operating in the region, and will be responsible for the following:
- Work with EMEA leadership and U.S.-based communications colleagues to execute strategic internal communications in support of Wells Fargo operations in EMEA, including support for key business lines operating in the region.
- Evaluate current communication channels and processes to enhance the framework for communications, channels, and distribution.
- Manage internal communications initiatives and change management projects, including communications strategy, development of communications plans, and creation and distribution of deliverables.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Wells Fargo leaders in EMEA, U.S.-based communications colleagues, and marketing partners.
- Work closely with internal customers and support partners (HR, Legal, Risk, Finance, etc.) to develop messaging, provide guidance, and suggest the correct channels for their communications.
- Ensure messages are relevant, consistent, and appropriate for EMEA team members.
- Write, publish, and distribute EMEA local news and bi-weekly highlight email, which is sent to Wells Fargo team members in the region.
- Help maintain content for the EMEA team member portal, where in-region team members can find company news, HR resources, and information to do their jobs and support customers.
- Raise awareness for the region and tell the EMEA story throughout Wells Fargo by sharing success stories, new capabilities, community involvement activities, etc.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and strategic consideration for all stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of crisis communications and talking points.
- Maintain and adhere to Wells Fargo editorial and brand guidelines throughout all communications to ensure a consistent voice through all messaging.
- Work with senior leaders to support executive communications needs.
Market Skills and Certifications
This role requires an experience, highly organized communications professional who has strong interpersonal skills, is an excellent writer, is very well spoken, can calmly manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, and can deliver compelling, timely, and accurate materials.
Internal communications, public relations, or corporate communications experience
- Experience working with senior executives and marketing partners
- Experience developing and leading executive communications strategies and projects
- Significant collaborative communications experience working across business lines
- A track record of providing high-quality communications consulting and advisory support
- Excellent project management skills
- Exceptional writing skills - executive messaging, newsletters, online content, talking points, presentations
Preferred qualifications & skills
- International communications experience
- Employee communications experience
- Experience working within the financial services industry
- A university degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
Back to top