Commercial Real Estate Asset Manager 1 (Tax Credit Asset Manager)
Community Lending & Investment (CLI)
Community Lending & Investment specializes in helping developers and investors take advantage of tax credit opportunities by investing in Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) for multifamily apartments and Historic Tax Credit properties. For more than 15 years, Wells Fargo has been investing in tax credits and is one of the few banks active in both direct and fund equity investments, increasing our opportunity to provide developers with needed capital.
This position is for a Tax Credit Asset Manager, managing equity investments in affordable housing. The Tax Credit Asset Manager will:
- Provide a single point of contact with general partners and internal departments regarding assigned assets
- Independently manage a portfolio of investments in real estate partnerships
- Identify and analyze issues, and recommend and execute action plans
- Monitor investment and property performance
- Analyze tax returns and property and sponsor financial statements
- Review third-party inspections and reports on compliance with Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) regulations
- Review requests for capital contributions and reserve releases
- Underwrite general partner consent requests (including loan refinances and changes in partnership structures)
- Perform site visits
- Assess markets in which assets reside, identify market and sub-market risks and issues
- Negotiate and execute the exit of Wells Fargo from the investment partnerships
- Track any work outsourced to third parties.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) or agency commercial real estate asset management underwriting, commercial real estate, low-income housing tax credit investment asset management, underwriting, or workout
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- Ability to read and understand basic commercial real estate loan documentation, securitization documents, including pooling and servicing agreements and related documentation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of credit and income producing real estate
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Sound credit skills and demonstrate understanding of income producing real estate
- Able to read and understand basic real estate investment agreements and loan documents, and other legal documents
- Able to review and analyze simple financial statements
- Demonstrate organizational and workload management skills
- Able to use databases and spreadsheet software to analyze financial issues
- Proactive and solution oriented
- Commitment to customer service
- Team player.
- Travel < 25%
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following functional roles: Real Estate Underwriting, Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Tax Credits, Real Estate Workouts, Financial Analysis, Accounting
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and Word
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0045870 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top