Commercial Mortgage Credit Analyst 1
Community Lending & Investment specializes in helping developers and investors take advantage of tax credit opportunities by investing in Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) for multifamily apartments and Historic Tax Credit properties. For more than 20 years, Wells Fargo has been investing in tax credits and is one of the few banks active in both direct and fund equity investments, increasing our opportunity to provide developers with needed capital.
This position is for a Tax Credit Asset Management Analyst who will be assisting teams of asset managers in managing the Bank’s equity investments in tax credit affordable housing.
The candidate will be responsible for: Reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements. Collecting and tracking audits and tax returns. Reviewing and analyzing guarantor financial statements. Reviewing third-party inspections and reports on compliance with Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) regulations. Performing site visits as needed. Updating the Bank’s internal property database and document management system. Assisting in the review and processing of capital contributions and reserve release requests. Assisting in underwriting consent requests, including loan refinancing / conversions and property or LP interest valuations. Performing ad hoc requests as needed, which may include engaging legal counsel, and addressing internal Bank queries. The Tax Credit Analyst may also be responsible for a small portfolio of performing assets.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of commercial mortgage credit analysis experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong technical writing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of income producing real estate.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communication.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational and workload management skills.
- Able to use databases and spreadsheet software to analyze financial issues.
- Proactive and solution oriented.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Team Player
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, or related field.
- Knowledge or experience in low income housing tax credit (LIHTC)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0045870 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top