Commercial Auto Market Manager
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Our Dealer Services team supports one of the nation’s leading auto lenders. The team offers integrated financial services solutions designed primarily for the auto dealer community, providing financing and related services to both dealers and consumers nationwide.
The Market Manager owns the execution of their designated market plan as a part of the overall division market strategy.
This leader will provide direct managerial oversight for Commercial Relationship Managers within a designated market. They will provide coaching, feedback and development for Relationship Managers. Participates in client calls with Relationship Manager to prospect new customer relationships and to deepen and retain existing relationships. Follows established sales process to include: development of relationship/prospect plans and strategies; enabling and monitoring Relationship Managers to spend a majority of their time in market with customers/prospects; oversight of Relationship Managers and effective utilization of the Relationship Manager.
- Works with Regional Service Leaders and Relationship Associates to make sure customer service levels are strong and the customer experience is exemplary.
- Responsible for meeting production goals as established by Division leader for their respective territory, which includes: loan production; new treasury services production; derivatives (interest rate management) production; new rooftops and net rooftops for territory; and retail improvement with existing commercial relationships.
- Operates within defined Wells Fargo risk appetite balancing risk and return.
- Works with retail (RBC) counterparts to execute a One Wells Fargo Dealer Services approach within designated territory. Works with corresponding Wells Fargo partners in Treasury Services/Wealth to drive a One Wells Fargo experience.
The successful candidate will work closely with other Senior Management across WFDS and the Enterprise in the execution of business and “One Wells Fargo” servicing strategies. Leadership, partnering and credibility will be determining factors in the selection. This person will have exceptionally strong thought leadership and analytic skills, with a proven ability to engage and influence Executive Management and leadership across multiple functions. A key differentiator will be the ability to collaborate, understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
Beyond experience, the right personal integrity, style and attitude are critical to success in this role.
- A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and developing talented and productive staff.
- Strategic Leadership – Creating and achieving a desired future state vision through influence on individual and group goals, reinforcements and systems.
- Results oriented with outstanding ability to motivate teams and mobilize the resources to accomplish business results.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic and a proven ability to be an inspirational leader.
- Proactive innovator, motivator and change agent – able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization.
- Collaborative, influential and highly self-aware.
Each Market Manager will be required to live in their respective market division.
- 7+ years of commercial banking or auto industry management experience
- 1+ year of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven success achieving objectives requiring a high level of cooperation from people in other parts of the organization.
- Strong organizational knowledge of systems, situations, pressures and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities as well as implement sustainable solutions
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0049441 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top