Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI), we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The PVSI team includes Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels, and Innovation including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Our Consumer Credit Solutions (CCS) Collections and Servicing team works with past-due customers to offer solutions for bringing credit card, student loan, personal line and loan, direct auto, retail services and deposit accounts up-to-date. The group also provides customer service for student loan and retail services accounts and works with customers to resolve disputed charges on credit card accounts.
Job responsibilities include:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment in both dialer and manual capacity
- Proven negotiation skills are critical to this role
- Contact customers to determine reasons for payment delinquency to charged off credit and obtain payment commitment by placing outbound calls which are non-routine and require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures
- Develop location information/skip trace debtors for purpose of collecting past due payments
- May work on special projects
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer contact, customer service, or sales environment
- 2+ years of collections experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage to production goals, deadlines, and various metrics
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Exposure to Wells Fargo eCaR (Enterprise Collections and Recovery) system
IA-West Des Moines: 7000 Vista Drive - West Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0155224 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top