Collections Specialist -- EFS Recovery-Stage 1
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation (PVSI), we’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what’s needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The PVSI team includes Consumer Credit Solutions, Deposit Products Group, Innovation, Operations, Treasury Management and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the best bank for payments and collections in North America (Source: Global Finance Magazine)
Our Consumer Credit Solutions (CCS) Collections and Servicing team works with past-due customers to offer solutions for bringing credit card, student loan, personal line and loan, direct auto, retail services and deposit accounts up-to-date. The group also provides customer service for student loan and retail services accounts and works with customers to resolve disputed charges on credit card accounts.
- Responsible to meet monthly individual and team performance goals in the collection of charged off student loan accounts
- Ability to manage assigned recovery queues in a manual calling environment
- Contact customers to negotiate payoffs, settlements and temporary repayment plans
- Ability to skip trace and review accounts for possible legal referral
- Handles most complex collection inquiries and issues
- Requires ability to sustain professional demeanor and performance at all times
- *Schedule will include working one day a week until 8:00pm and one Saturday a month**
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer contact, customer service, or sales environment
- 2+ years of collections experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Experience managing a pipeline of work from assignment to completion
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0012086 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top