Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the best bank for payments and collections in North America (Source: Global Finance Magazine)
Our Consumer Credit Solutions (CCS) Collections and Servicing team works with past-due customers to offer solutions for bringing credit card, student loan, personal line and loan, direct auto, retail services and deposit accounts up-to-date. The group also provides customer service for student loan and retail services accounts and works with customers to resolve disputed charges on credit card accounts.
Wells Fargo Card Services Recovery Department is currently seeking fully qualified collectors who will specialize in one or more collections areas in which legal action may be necessary on charged off credit card accounts.
Job duties include:
- Contact customers to determine reasons for payment delinquency to charged off credit and obtain payment commitment by placing outbound calls which are non-routine and require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
- Develop location information/skip trace debtors for purpose of collecting past due payments. The need to have proven negotiation skills is critical to this role.
- May work on special projects.
This position offers an excellent base salary and a generous monthly incentive plan!
The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm with one night per week (excluding Friday) 11am – 8pm. Possibility of 1 Saturday per month and overtime as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer contact, customer service, or sales environment
- 2+ years of collections experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0040833 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top