Collateral Base Examiner
Market Job Description .Wells Fargo’s International Group operates from 35 countries and territories outside the U.S., including branches in Beijing, the Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, and Toronto. The business serves the financial needs of U.S. corporate and commercial customers doing business globally, as well as multinational companies doing business in the U.S.
Wells Fargo Capital Finance Limited provides comprehensive asset-based lending to a wide spectrum of companies across the UK and Europe with credit needs ranging from £10 million to £250 million. Established in 1992 and with offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester, we provide a flexible financing option for companies facing a variety of situations, including: growth, leveraged buyouts, refinancing, restructuring, early and mid-staged turnarounds, mergers and acquisitions.
The Capital Finance team based in Covent Garden, London has new opportunity for an experienced
Collateral Base Examiner. The function of the department is critical in assisting both New Business and Credit in underwriting deals and monitoring credit risk.
- On site assessment of collateral risks at both existing and prospective clients to assess the financial security and identify potential areas of risk. This includes the following:
- Analysing client systems, accounting records, contracts, identifying any internal operational improvements and implementation of collateral control procedures.
- Calculation and review of eligible collateral with a view to calculating the borrowing base.
- Reporting of risks identified on a timely basis.
- Analytical review of financial records/statements and substantive testing where appropriate.
- Write-up of results and conclusions of testing and analysis.
- Perform tasks independently and objectively demonstrating knowledge and judgment.
Market Skills and Certifications
A successful candidate will:
- Preferably hold a recognised professional accountancy qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in practice.
- Have prior experience as a collateral asset based examiner in an asset based lending environment.
- Have a strong accounting, organisational and analytical skills.
- Be able to analyse financial statements and interpret legal documents.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Be capable of managing their own time and workload.
- Be open to c20% overnights.
- German or French advantageous, but not essential.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top