At Wells Fargo, our vision is to help our customers succeed financially. As a member of the Wells Fargo Asset Based Lending ("WF ABL") Team you will help us deliver on our vision and build long-lasting relationships with our customers. You will also demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive.
WF ABL provides senior debt facilities secured against various assets of a business in a single structured funding package and is supported by our in-depth industry expertise and an intimate understanding of the customer's needs and objectives. Assets secured can include land and buildings, plant and machinery, in addition to the traditional loan collateral of stock (inventory), debtors (accounts receivable) and rental equipment
Joining WF ABL is joining an industry leader with over 25 years of expertise and becoming part of a highly motivated and multicultural team with strong customer focus.
Overview of the Role:
This is a non rotational permanent role opportunity that provides the opportunity to learn in both a structured format and with support from a highly experienced team to the risk and portfolio management functions of ABL. You will have the opportunity to build relationships internally and externally, to support customers in achieving their objectives and to contribute to key business projects. You will gather a good understanding of the business, as well as experience customers in the many different markets and industries that we serve.
You will benefit from on the job training, learning through a dedicated training and development program, which includes extensive e-learning and ongoing feedback from fellow team members and managers .
Recent graduates or candidates with some previous work experience are eligible for this role that will start on the 10 th of September 2018.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Working closely with Relationship Managers to deliver a high quality service to customers.
- Develop full competency in the ABL Collateral and Loan Management System, as well as other relevant and related systems to help manage the overall credit related to the customer.
- Be able to train customers to use the online ABL interface, as well as any other reporting required from them.
- Day to day customer contact to ensure the real assets of the customer are valid, accurate and can be reasonably included as collateral.
- Review of information submitted by clients and reporting on trends in funded assets.
- Close collaboration with the other team members and relationship managers.
- Preparation of monthly reports and participation in portfolio meetings.
- Communicate with Relationship Manager regarding any changes in the status of an account.
- Prepare monthly statistics, as needed, including dilution, turnover days, payables summaries concentrations and reconciliations, and others as required.
- Involvement in initial client set-ups.
- On-going financial analysis, together with participation in credit modification requests and refinancing.
- Credit risk ratings related to the financial performance and the collateral security.
- Prepare information for risk policy documents including rating calculations and problem loan reports.
- Prepare any necessary reports on participation or syndicated loans.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Have achieved at least a 2:1 in a relevant academic discipline and have strong mathematical knowledge.
- Recent graduate, preferably 2018 graduate
- Self-motivated individuals with confidence, curiosity and enthusiasm will be preferred
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues alike
- Possess excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Be organised and capable of managing own time and workload efficiently
- Aptitude to work effectively in a team environment where flexibility, collaboration and interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Ability to interact with integrity, professionalism and strong work ethics; resilience, persuasiveness and customer focus are key
- Wells Fargo may offer the option of studying towards ACCA/ CIMA qualifications outside of work
- Wells Fargo does not offer UK sponsorship for this position, so full right to work in this country is a requirement
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top