CHG and Corporate Finance Business Management Vice President
This position within the IBCM Business Management Organization will assist in managing the Consumer, Healthcare and Gaming Group (“CHG”) and the Corporate Finance advisory group working directly with the IBCM business manager, the heads of CHG and Corporate Finance, the CHG / Corporate Finance business manager and the IBCM business management team and support partners more broadly. The position would partner with the CHG and Corporate Finance group heads and key stakeholders to lead and grow the CHG and Corporate Finance businesses.
The CHG Group provides investment banking solutions to consumer, healthcare and gaming clients, including capital-raising (loans, debt, and equity) and strategic advice. The group also partners across WFS and Wholesale to identify other cross sell opportunities. CHG has over 95 team members in offices in New York, San Francisco and Charlotte.
The Corporate Finance Group provides customized investment banking solutions around topics that include: non-traditional capital structures, ratings advisory, liability management, derivatives solutions and tax solutions. Corporate Finance has over 35 team members in offices in New York and Charlotte.
The CHG / Corporate Finance assistant business manager will serve as a trusted advisor and extension of the CHG and Corporate Finance group heads and IBCM business manager in establishing business and client priorities for CHG and Corporate Finance, partnering with the broader Wells Fargo organization, and leading the CHG and Corporate Finance teams. The individual will also partner with relevant groups supporting CHG and Corporate Finance (i.e. finance, marketing, human resources) to lead efforts related to financial reporting, marketing, hiring needs, and operational oversight. The CHG / Corporate Finance assistant business manager will support CHG and Corporate Finance-wide projects and initiatives as well as coordinate IBCM-related initiatives relevant to CHG and Corporate Finance. This role will be based in Charlotte.
Job Responsibilities -
Work with the IBCM business manager, the heads of CHG and Corporate Finance and the CHG and Corporate Finance Business Manager to support all business activities of the CHG and Corporate Finance Groups including:
- Partner with leadership to execute significant business initiatives including leading client prioritization and budgeting as well as identifying areas for investment and business development priorities
- Partner with finance and other key support areas to assist with financial planning and reporting including monthly financials, pipeline reporting, banker productivity, general business and sector analysis, and budgeting deliverables. Oversee and manage direct expenses to budget for CHG and Corporate Finance
- Develop presentations on behalf of CHG and Corporate Finance group heads including relevant business updates, client presentations, conference presentations, educational materials, and market updates
- Foster culture of sharing best practices (business, marketing, junior talent management) across CHG and Corporate Finance business and Corporate Banking / Middle Market Banking offices as appropriate
- Work closely with the CHG and Corporate Finance Development Officers to facilitate the professional development of junior team members including management of junior banking team members and investing in their professional growth and development
- Manage administrative staff and facility requirements for team
- Assist in the management of all significant marketing campaigns and client events
- Assist in the management of all internal functions and projects supporting the business, including Technology, Compliance, Legal, Corporate Real Estate, Business Continuity, HR, Recruiting, Marketing, and Communications
- Assist with operational and risk management of the group including compliance and oversight responsibilities including email reviews, access reviews, and other operational responsibilities
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 7+ years of financial services industry experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of Investment banking product and CHG and Corporate Finance industry including product knowledge, sector knowledge, and understanding of roles and responsibilities within investment banking
- 4+ years of business experience in capital markets or banking including investment banking experience and relevant management experience
- Demonstrates sound judgement
- Clear and effective written and oral communication
- Strong people skills including management experience
- Excellent analytical and data management skills
- Ability to think proactively about business and issues. Strong track record of delivering results including demonstrated project management and execution as well as sound decision-making approach to complex problems. Ability to add structure to complex problems to drive solutions.
- Partnership approach to daily responsibilities including the ability to effectively lead projects and initiatives with senior bankers, junior bankers, administrative staff, peers, and support partners both within IBCM and across WFS more broadly. Values collaboration.
- Ability to build strong partnerships within CHG, Corporate Finance, IBCM, WFS, and Wholesale more broadly
- Broad knowledge of Wells Fargo platform and relationships across firm
- Unquestioned commitment to the Core Values and Diversity objectives of Corporation
- Series 79 license required; if candidate is not currently licensed, he/she will need to obtain Series 79 within 6 months
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0044525 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top