Central Sales Market Manager (SAFE)
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
- Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer ( Source: Inside Mortgage Finance )
Our Mortgage Origination team builds strong relationships with consumers and referral partners to help our customers reach their personal and financial goals through homeownership.
Responsible for supervising and developing a team of specialized mortgage sales consultants focused on external business development in a centralized telephone sales environment to ensure that production goals and customer needs are met while generating quality loans compliant with company policy and procedure.
Duties may include: coaches and develops a positive and productive work environment; develops and manages market plans; including market visits, marketing material and presentation preparation; coordinates and builds relationships with business partners; monitors performance for quality, efficiency and sales improvement opportunities; develops inbound and outbound sales and referral skills; creates individual development plans with staff; maintains adequate staffing level to meet goals; ensures that regulatory licensure and continuing education requirements are met; identifies risk and makes sound recommendations to management; communicates company policy, procedures, and practices.
Primary focus of the role is on day-today operational execution and sales strategy within a small sales force. Occasional contribution to broader strategic planning within area of expertise.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 4+ years of sales experience
- 4+ years of customer service experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Leadership experience; including the ability to coach teams, exceed departmental objectives, motivate, and provide performance feedback, all in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Experience resolving and working through escalated and complex customer issues
- Ability to handle information professionally and confidentially
- Knowledge and understanding of sales prospecting and generating referrals
- Experience recruiting, motivating, and coaching a team of sales professionals
Other Desired Qualifications
- 1+ year home lending sales experience
- 1+ year mortgage leadership, coaching, or training experience
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0204478 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top