CDF EMEA Operations Controller
Market Job Description
Wells Fargo’s International Group operates from 35 countries and territories outside the U.S., including branches in Beijing, the Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, and Toronto. The business serves the financial needs of U.S. corporate and commercial customers doing business globally, as well as multinational companies doing business in the U.S.
The Commercial Distribution Team has a new opportunity for an experienced EMEA Operations Controller to provide a key Finance interface to all functions in the business, ensuring that business initiatives are effectively reviewed to ensure operating efficiency and financial control for Commercial Distribution Finance portfolio operating systems. Be an integral part of the Monthly Closing and Reporting process, responsible for the accurate production of GL and Operating system entries into the monthly Management accounts and subsequent reconciliation processes. Enable offshore support team members to provide value added contributions to the entire process.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Drive operational process improvement by developing in depth knowledge of AIMS sub-ledger system in line with regulatory reporting requirements.
- Work with off-shore team, to develop knowledge base overseas and ensure tasks are performed by overseas team.
- Identify opportunities and deliver solutions to reduce manual routines.
- Achieve operational simplification through automation and digitization opportunities, thereby reducing cycle times and reduce the quantity of exceptions generated.
- Provide Operational support to Risk & Finance across CDF EMEA platform ensuring compliance in line with all relevant business Policies.
- Take the lead in Operational projects that affect the portfolio operating system.
- Support IT and non-IT TSA migration process.
- Support wider International initiatives providing support to APAC Ops Controllership team.
Accounting and Reporting
- Ensure all sub-ledger and GL portfolio processes have financial integrity, proper controls and operate efficiently.
- Ensure timely and accurate closing and reporting activities are met and ensure integrity of balance sheet & P&L accounts for both statutory, regulatory & US GAAP reporting.
- Ensure rigorous closing and reporting processes in place to meet both local and US regulatory reporting.
- Lead daily account reconciliations process and reporting to HQ.
- Manage monthly and quarterly Operational reporting to HQ & US.
- Assistance with preparation of local statutory accounts and answering KPMG audit queries supporting both control and substantive audits.
- Support monthly and quarterly reporting to HQ & US including SEC and FED.
- Ensure integrity of loss reporting and income recognition.
- Assist internal and external audits, and HQ reporting as applicable.
- Complete relevant Sarbanes-Oxley testing for the business in relation to Financial reporting from Portfolio sub-ledger systems.
Market Skills and Certifications Account Reconciliations
- Maintaining oversight and review to ensure daily accuracy and quality of both statutory & US GAAP account balances:
- Loan Receivables & Payables
- Other Assets and Liabilities
- Loss Reserves
- Finance Income
- Business Objects Portfolio & Risk Reporting
- A clear thinker, who can simplify strategy into specific actions, makes decisions and communicates priorities.
- Ability to work effectively across functions and geographies
- Has imagination and courage to take risks on both processes and ideas
- Develops expertise in a function or domain, using depth as a source of confidence to drive change.
- Qualified accountant or equivalent (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Strong financial, accounting and analysis skills.
- MS Excel, Business Objects, Essbase & Oracle financials experience desirable.
- Strong communication skills, ability to present complex structures in a simple fashion & drive change.
- A self-starter, independent with strong intellectual curiosity.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top