Cash Desk Analyst
- Shanghai, China
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Analyzes business issues and makes recommendations to maximize operational efficiency, quality and compliance. Works under limited supervision to analyze and solve complex operational, systems-related and/or customer issues. Creates and maintains databases and management reports, interpreting data and identifying trends for managers. Works with managers to apply data to business goals and analytical requirements, which may include capacity planning, volume forecasting and unit costing. Duties will include managing vendor relationships, including but not limited to local Chinese banks; defining user requirements and performing user acceptance testing.
There will be a requirement to act as Subject Matter expert (SME) in all banking, movement of money projects that are undertaken from time to time within the region. There is an expectation that you will work with the Cash Desk Manager to identify areas of improvement and through collaboration with other team members and functions, assist with the implementation of any required changes, including, but not limited to, reviewing and updating policies, procedures and training materials.
- Ensure daily funding/deposit transactions of multiple currencies to customers are executed timely and accurately, including but not limited to CNY, HKD, USD, KWR and SGD.
- Work closely with other teams to monitor and analyze funds positions, including requirement and source, provide accurate funds forecast bases on consolidated information from other teams and business requirement.
- To analyze data to determine most appropriate use of funding facilities and make recommendations to maximize funding efficiencies.
- Manage withholding tax (WHT) / VAT operational process, including but not limited to data reconciliation, issue tax invoices and file tax forms and effectively communicating with Tax team and Tax Bureau and other internal functions as required.
- To act as primary contact for external relationships with facility providers.
- To oversee ongoing relationship, take ownership to escalate any issues or concerns and work collaboratively to resolve to ensure the business requirements are met.
- To proactively research Asia banking/financing market and share any insights or make relevant recommendations that can enhance the performance, and/or productivity of the business.
- Responsible for the accurate maintenance of records, including but not limited to an annual reconciliation.
- Support Manager to participate in China National Automatic Payment System (CNAPS) and build up process to feed into CNAPS settlement.
- To act as SME on all projects relating to cash desk and movement of money, to provide guidance, recommendation and ensure compliance with any government or regulatory requirement.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with statutory requirements and Wells Fargo policies related to cash management.
- To support as required, the correct disbursement and/or collection of funds and any other tasks/activities that are required from time to time and as directed by the Cash Desk Manager or the Operations Manager.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree and 5+ years of China Local banking experience with operational cash handling, accounts payable/receivable execution and funds management.
- Responsible and detail-orientated to ensure funding movement takes place on time and accurately
- Ability to work in a high functioning positive team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to effectively plan and priorities workload to ensure deadlines and business requirements are met
- Proven analytical experience and proven ability to analyze and interpret detailed data/results that are effectively communicated
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written communication is required.
- Experience of working in a pan-Asia or global company, would be beneficial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Flexibility of work to support different country requirements, including taking shifting working and leave schedule.
- Strong stakeholder management and proven influencing skills
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Back to top