Capital Markets Middle Office Analyst 2 ABS & CMBS Trade Support
The candidate will be will be supporting the Asset Backed Securities and Commercial Mortgage Back Securities trading platforms which includes the Agency CMBS desk, ABS CDS desk, Consumer Debt, Commercial Debt and CLO/CDO desk for Wells Fargo Securities from a Middle Office Operations perspective. The role directly supports trading and hedging activities across CMBS TBA contracts, treasuries, futures, options, interest rate swaps, & CDS Index swaps.
Responsibilities include Profit & Loss generation and attribution, exception resolution, project management, position and trade maintenance, and regulatory reporting. The candidate will interact closely with multiple business partners including Trading, Sales, Finance, Technology, Compliance, Auditors, Business Managers, Project Managers, and our internal TRACE reporting group. The candidate will also work with external counterparties, including government sponsored enterprises, in confirming new Issue requests, exchanges, and assuring trades settle appropriately. This individual will be responsible for a variety of day to day tasks, as well as ad hoc requests and project work.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of capital markets industry experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of loan, securities, and derivative products
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 1+ years working directly working with Mortgage-Backed Securities or Asset-Backed securities
- A 4-year degree from an accredited university is required with a preferred concentration in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- The ability to work long hours, typically 7:00AM to 7:00PM, Monday-Friday
- Exceptional organization, analytical, and documentation skills
- Experience with establishing and monitoring project plans and deadlines is a must
- A keen eye for operational risk and the ability to apply this attribute in day-to-day work
- Graduate work and other professional designations (MBA, CFA, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with Calypso, MATS, Spanklin, BroadrRidge, and Bloomberg are strongly preferred
- Experience with Credit Default Contracts
- The ideal candidate should have a comprehensive understanding of Money Market instruments, most importantly; Agencies CMBS primary and secondary trading, ABS securities, CLO/CDO’s, and new issue Agency CMO’s
- Prior experience working with the three main government housing agencies (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae)
- Some experience with financial calculations including P&L and complex attribution analytics
- Series 99 or 7 license certification is preferred
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0136594 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top