Cap Markets Apps Systems Engineer 2
Wells Fargo capital markets data services technology team is seeking a technology lead to build markets business data mart supporting capital markets sales & trading. The ideal candidate will be responsible for end to end delivery of building and maintaining the new system.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Design new system based on data lake and big data technologies with partnership from architecture and other technology teams
- Provide leadership to the team for project planning, requirement analysis, implementation and co-ordinate testing activity
- Work closely with our business partners to analyze and resolve all issues and enquiries
- Provide consistently high level of client service to our business partners
- Lead group of developers
- Ability to understand capital market products and working with various capital market groups includes operations, back office, front office, compliance and risk groups
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 4+ years of securities industry experience
- 3+ years of data warehouse experience
- 1+ year of Java experience
- 2+ years of relational database experience
- 7+ years of capital markets experience
- 5+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Advanced experience in capital markets business and processes
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SEC, FNRA, and international regulations for building technological solutions
Other Desired Qualifications
- Working experience on building data warehouses
- Hands-on programming experience with Java, ETL tools and RDBMS
- At least 7 years of Capital markets experience and product knowledge in one/all of the four areas is must:Interest rate derivatives, credit derivatives, commodity derivatives or equity derivatives, Fixed income, equities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to lead the conversation with many different technology and business groups
- Previous experience of design and implementation of large scale and complex data warehouses related to capital markets or finance
- Experience with big data technologies are big plus
- Solid hands-on experience in data/business strategy, data governance, and implementing data/business solutions, including data architecture, data modeling, metadata management, and data integration
- Previous experience on regulatory reporting like BCBS, G&O is big plus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or any engineering or finance
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0165542 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top