Business Systems Consultant 5 - (Middle Office Analytics Financial Crimes Operations Team)
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk Control (WFCRC) team is responsible for the coordination, oversight and ultimate execution of Wholesale Banking's commitments to key internal and external stakeholders as it relates to the management of financial crimes risk with the Wholesale Bank. In addition to having responsibility for Wholesale Banking's execution of the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) program, WFCRC is also responsible for the remediation of the OCC BSA/AML Consent Order. This team will partner with line of business ("LOB"), operations, risk and compliance team members, Wholesale Control Executive Office, Enterprise Financial Crimes Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and Testing & Validation to advocate and ensure alignment in scope, purpose, expectations and execution of the Wholesale Financial Crimes Program. The team will achieve this through a focus on strong communication, strategic planning, thoughtful and meaningful tracking/reporting, and timely escalation and change management.
The newly created Centralized Business Support consists of the Middle Office, Enterprise Global Services, Data Quality Engine, and Quality Control. CBS serves as a central business support group for Wells Fargo Wholesale Banking. The Middle Office (MO) team works with Wholesale businesses and the Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk Control (WFCRC) program to support key commitments to internal and external stakeholders. MO team members help to facilitate top-down communication of WFCRC program initiatives, bottom-up escalation of Wholesale business issues, and resolution of Wholesale business issues. The MO Team is made up of various teams, including a Guru Crew, Site Strategy Team, Reporting Team, Core Support Team, and a team of Wholesale LOB BIM POCs.
In general, an BSC5 acts as a liaison between client area and technical organization by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of highly complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements. Works with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes. Prepares specifications for system changes. Recommends and initiates systems testing. Acts as an internal consultant within technology and business groups by using quality tools and process definition/improvement to re-engineer technical processes for greater efficiencies. Provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
Within the Middle Office team, there are several distinct roles that support the overall team objectives. The Business Systems Consultant 5 will be part of the Reporting team that will develop and publish reporting for FCO Internal Operations, Wholesale Businesses, and Executive Management Reporting.
The Business Systems Consultant's responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop expertise on multiple data sources
- Create and implement data quality standards and structure
- Aggregate data across functions, roles and sites as needed
- Ability to use multiple database solutions to retrieve and consolidate data from disparate information sources
- Write / code SQL (Oracle, SQL , Teradata) and use advanced MS Excel capabilities to extract and consolidate data.
- Define and build data repositories to support long-term analytics needs and centralize commonly referenced data, leveraging prior database development background (in SQL, Oracle, or Teradata)
- Identify data sources and data gaps, perform data compares by writing / coding SQL (Oracle, SQL , Teradata), import temporary datasets, and use advanced MS Excel capabilities
- Write / code SQL (Oracle, SQL , Teradata) and use advanced excel capabilities to define and execute queries or logic to retrieve data from various sources within and possibly outside of Wells Fargo
Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 7+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience designing and optimizing complex SQL queries involving table joins and correlated sub-queries on large scale data tables
- 7+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- 3+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- SQL experience
- Teradata experience
- Knowledge and understanding of database analysis and development
- Knowledge and understanding of database querying and creating ad hoc reporting results using TSQL or similar querying methods
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database concepts, querying, data warehousing, ETL process, requirements gathering and/or decision support tools
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to articulate a complex problem, design, or build strategy
- Ability to dissect technical problems, analyze data, and recommend potential solutions
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- International or wholesale banking exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo
- Knowledge and understanding of wholesale banking products and services
- Financial crimes experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Track record of living Core Values and holding other team members accountable to these Values.
- Experience working with multiple database solutions and retrieving and consolidating data from disparate information sources.
- Experience as a financial crimes data analyst.
- Experience as data analyst in Wholesale or Wholesale line of business.
- Experience analyzing requirements and designing new solutions for application and database components.
- Experience with technical requirements, design, testing, and implementation of tools and technologies.
- 3+ years of experience with Jira software, Confluence software or combination of both.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top