Business Systems Consultant 5
Regulatory Reporting Technology group is looking for Business Analyst to join the team in North Brunswick, NJ. Regulatory Reporting Technology team supports the global transaction regulatory reporting requirements of Capital Markets LOBs - spanning OTC derivatives, listed derivatives, Fixed Income and Equity Cash products. The regulations covered include Americas, such as Dodd-Frank, Canada such as Canadian Regulations, Europe, such as MiFID I and EMIR, and Asia, such as HKMA. The team works on supporting firm's current regulatory obligations and future regulatory obligations such as for MiFID II, EMIR RTS 2.0 and SEC.
This role is required to analyse business requirements and develop equivalent functional requirements for the regulatory reporting platform supporting various regulatory requirements and requires extensive knowledge and experience of regulatory reporting and a solid foundation of products acdross asset classes and GTRs. This role should also be able to work with business stakeholders collaborate and troubleshoot reporting issues and be able to collaboratively resolve issues. Successful applicant will also help enhance processes for requirements analysis, validations, reviewing QA/SIT results, provide UAT users support and troubleshooting/supporting Regulatory Reporting Technology.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Gather business requiremenets and develop equivalent functional requirements across global regulations of Dodd Frank – CFTC, Canada, ESMA/EMIR, MIFID, HKMA across asset classes (CR, IR, FX, EQ, FI, ETD and FCM) covering listed and OTC products
- Work closely with the tech team to review requirements to ensure appropriate level of detail is provided to the tech team
- Work with QA/UAT users to reivew and validate QA/SIT/UAT test coverage and test cases to ensure appropriate coverage and gaps to ensure smooth QA/SIT/UAT testing
- Work with FO and MO business users to provide clarity on regulatory reporting issues, troubleshoot reporting issues and delayed submissions to provide clarity on regulatory reporting requirements, analyze and troubleshoot any reported issues
- Establish and document best practices around capturing requirments, analyzing different production scenarios, troubleshooting reporting issues and devising solutions (both temporary workarounds and permanent fixes working with the tech team) for the same
- Create relevant SDLC deliverables as part of standard project implementations (requirements, overall data flows across sytems, GTR data flows, etc.) using tools like Visio, Confluence, MS Word, Powerpoint etc.
- Work with cross functional teams (Application Development, Business Users and QA across end-to-end systems) to test and valiate solution & support implementation of high visibility business & technology initiatives
Candidates should have and be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Hands on experience capturing functional and non-functional requirements, data flow issues troubleshooting to include expertise in:
- Using documentation tools like Visio, MS Word, Confluence, etc
- Expert level skills understanding data models and using SQL queries to investigate data and data flow issues
- Extensive experience using data analysis skills using SQL and Excel to analyze and correct data flow issues
- Demonstrable experience with regulations across asset classes, and global regulations:
- Regulations: Dodd Frank, CFTC, Canadian regulations, ESMA/EMIR, MIFID I and II, EMIR RTS 2.0 and HKMA
- Asset Classes: Interest Rate, Credit, FX, Equities, Commodities, Fixed Income, FCM, etc.
- GTRs: DTCC, ICE, MIFID ARM and APA
- Excellent Communication skills to:
- Communicate and provide clarity on requirements to Tech Team
- Discuss, negotiate and communicate regulatory requirements with business teams from FO/MO and Back Office
- Discuss and provide clarity to QA and Production Support teams
- Discuss and work with GTR teams to troubleshoot issues during UAT to provide clarity across cross functional teams
- Ability to understand business problems and articulate a corresponding solution
- 7+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 8+ years of Business Analysis, Quality Assurance and Testing of Financial and Capital Markets systems/applications
- 3+ years of capital markets domain experience
- 3+ years of regulatory reporting experience with
- regulations like Dodd Frank, CFTC, MIFID I and II, HKMA, EMIR RTS 2.0 ESMA/EMIR
- Across asset classes and listed/OTC derivative products
- Working with GTRs like DTCC, ICE, ARM/APAs
- 5 + years of experience working with Sybase and SQL Service with expert level fluency with SQL
- 5+ years of experience using data analysis tools – minimum excel skills
- 3+ years of experience working in regulatory reporting environment as a business analyst/subject matter expertise
- capturing functional and non-functional requirements and communicating the same to business and technology teams
- Analyzing and troubleshooting end-to-end regulatory reporting issues
- Data Analysis tools: Excel and fluence SQL skills (8+ years)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0212076 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top