Business Systems Consultant 4
Wells Fargo Corporate Asset/Liability Management (ALM) Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with sharp analytical skills in the areas of meta data and hierarchy management. The individual will play a key role in the Hyperion Essbase/SmartView initiatives within the team.
The Corporate ALM Group performs quantitative analysis of the company balance sheet behavior and has a primary responsibility to measure its risk and design risk management strategies. Team members oversee the IRR simulation models of the company’s major business lines, provide management with insight concerning changes that they see in the risk profile, and contribute to the generation of risk management strategies.
This position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo’s balance sheet, approach to IRR modeling, and add value to the development of Hyperion Essbase/SmartView related processes, as IRR management practice needs continue to increase and evolve.
Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, sound critical thinking, outstanding analytical skills, and solid problem-solving capabilities are required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building, establishing, and maintaining Essbase/SmartView capabilities to meet ALM forecasting requirements.
- Partnering with peers and corporate/business unit subject matter experts, develop new/sustainable Essbase/SmartView production processes unique to ALM.
- Follow, track, evaluate, and understand evolving FP&A line and business unit hierarchies, taking appropriate actions based on its impact to ALM.
- Manage/maintain hierarchies/dimensions distinct to ALM (e.g. chart of account, line, balance control point, responsibility center).
- Day to day power user of Data Relationship Manager (DRM), our primary system for meta data management.
- Manage/maintain distinct Essbase/SmartView cubes for various ALM processes (e.g. general ledger, current position, fair valuation/EVE, multiple scenario earnings forecast).
- Primary owner of day to day Essbase/SmartView operation processes.
- Partner with Essbase/SmartView project manager & infrastructure groups, on change management & implementation, represent ALM stakeholders including production.
- Issue research, component analysis, resolution, and articulate to business groups in a clear and concise manner.
- Support other ALM production group initiatives as needed.
- 5+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Master’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Knowledge and understanding of treasury management industry: asset liability management (ALM), liquidity management, and stress testing
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Knowledge and understanding of full life cycle software development
- Hyperion Essbase experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Metadata
- 1+ year of statistical modeling experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of financial institution balance sheet fundamentals, product offerings, and IRR practices
- Experience forecasting and analyzing net interest income & balance sheet behavior
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0028898 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top