Business Systems Consultant 4
This position is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS).
The CTS Project Management Office is seeking an experienced senior Business Systems Consultant. We are looking for candidates with proven experience in building inclusive, successful teams, and building strong working relationships across business, risk and technology areas. Accountable to the senior project manager to ensure the business requirements for the project are fulfilled and all deliverables meet the agreed upon project objectives.
This position will be part of a significant system of record (SOR) change that includes business process changes and ancillary system changes. Additionally, the successful business systems consultant is accountable to liaison between project clients, business and technology partners by planning, conducting and directing the analysis of complex business problems to be solved with technology solutions. The successful business systems consultant will be self-motivated with an ability to work directly with the business users on different levels; working, organizing material with the end user in mind, and documenting their needs. Responsibilities include:
- Acts as a liaison between client area and technical organization by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of highly complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
o identify, create and analyze business and/or system data to support problem identification
o participate in defining business objectives and scope
o facilitate requirements gathering discussions with business (and technology) resources, recording the results in applicable requirements documents; ensure active participation from stakeholders and business representatives
o employ information –gathering techniques to articulate requirements, utilize collaboration and negotiation skills with stakeholders to ensure that decisions and priorities are in line with scope
o document and organize requirements features, functions, and business rules to clearly express the shared understanding of the problem;
o analyze requirements to ascertain and improve weak, vague or conflicting requirements and validate that requirements possess all desired characteristics and will satisfy user needs
o Utilize various tools to depict business requirements (text, diagrams, use cases, etc.)
o establish the requirements baseline and traceability to ensure requirements are met; and then manage those requirements and follow the projects change control process
- Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Lead any testing of requirements, working with business testers to document test requirements, create test cases and provide oversight for end user test execution and results
- Works with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes.
- Acts as an internal consultant within business groups by using quality tools and process definition/improvement to re-engineer technical processes for greater efficiencies.
- Ensures project-related risks are managed according to the Project Management Policy.
- May create and delivers business analysis presentations to mid-senior level management on project activities
- May lead and/or manage small project efforts, with accountability for managing project activities and deliverables owned by the business
- May lead and/or provide direction or guidance to less experienced staff; including training and providing input to performance evaluations.
Preferred location is Mendota Heights, MN, but may considered other candidates in other Corporate Trust locations.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience managing within and working on business and /or technology projects with co-located and virtual teams
- Demonstrated experience working through risk and issues of business requirements and testing by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis management and project change control management.
- Experience with large system of record changes, conversions and transitions
- Lean Six Sigma background
- Agile or other system development methodologies is a plus
- Strong understanding of process improvement, requirement management and the ability to effectively communicate across various groups and leadership
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0059636 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top