Business Systems Consultant 3
This position is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS) – Project Management Office.
This position will work on both business and technology projects within the CTS Line of Business. Projects within the PMO range from tactical to strategic and are typically from 6 months to 18 months in duration. The successful candidate will be accountable to liaison between project customers, business and technology partners by planning, conducting and directing the analysis of moderately complex business problems. You will be part of multiple project efforts, with accountability for soliciting, facilitating and documenting all aspects of business requirements to ensuring requirements meet the agreed upon project objectives; accountable to the project manager to support the project goals.
You have proven experience in collaborating with diverse teams to build relationships across business and technology areas and are self-motivated to work directly with the business users on different levels. You will provide technical support in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Participate in defining business objectives and scope
- Act as an internal consultant, working with our technology and business groups in applying methodology around process definition/improvement to re-engineer or transform existing processes for greater efficiencies, control and/or regulatory processes.
- Facilitate requirements gathering discussions with business (and technology) resources, recording the results in applicable requirements documents; ensure active participation from stakeholders and business representatives
- Employ information –gathering techniques to articulate requirements, utilize collaboration and negotiation skills with stakeholders to ensure that decisions and priorities are in line with scope
- Document and organize requirements features, functions, and business rules to clearly express the shared understanding of the problem;
- Utilize various tools to depict business requirements (text, diagrams, use cases, etc.)
- Ability to create user acceptance test scripts, data set up, and management of user acceptance testing activities.
- May consultant within technology and business groups by using quality tools and process definition/improvement to re-engineer technical processes for greater efficiencies
- May conduct and/or support end user training for technology changes
- May provide project management for small sized projects
- Experience with Visio, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- MS Access, Visio and Project expertise
- Enterprise Architect, TIBCO, and/or BlueWorks Live experience
- Corporate Trust Services, Paying Agent, and/or Transfer Agent and/or Securities industry experience
- Ability to explain technical details to a less technically savvy audience
- Proven track record of providing thorough and timely holistic analysis of the current state of a process from a business, data, business rules and technical perspective
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to identify business and system issues and form conclusions about alternatives
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0059636 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top