Business Support Manager 5 - Project Portfolio Management Leader
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
- Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer ( Source: Inside Mortgage Finance )
Our Mortgage team supports the nation’s leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
The Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Leader will report to Jeff Rayburn, SVP, Change Delivery Excellence. The newly formed team currently consists of 3 managers and 25 in directs including highly skilled managers, consultants, and analysts.
The PPM leader is responsible for maximizing the return on investments in change within Servicing. This individual will lead through influence and key partnerships to keep the delivery and support teams focused on the highest priority goals and objectives. The team will encompass Strategic Planning, Demand Management, Capacity Management, and Support processes to focus our resources on advancing key capabilities. This will enable Servicing to deliver the right change, at the right time, and with the right resources. In addition, maximize the value delivered to the business per dollar invested in change.
Specifically this leader will:
- Structure the PPM Team and Implement an integrated, consistent operational framework
- Enhance the strategic planning process driven by WFHL priorities. Work with Business Architecture to incorporate capabilities investment planning framework
- Establish routine with Senior Executives to review and adjust big picture/macro-level change investments
- Create transparency into total change portfolio regardless of funding source
- Create an objective methodology for identifying, ranking, prioritizing , and selecting new initiatives
- Strengthen and standardize intake and demand management processes
- Create and operationalize a standard capacity planning model and process
- Mature our in-flight and post execution review processes to monitor value and drive accountability
- Manage EIT investment to dollar allocation/plan provided to Servicing
- Develop effective communications and information sharing process for team members and key stakeholders
- Be known as a valued partner by our Business, Change Delivery and WFHL partners
The successful candidate will work closely with other Senior Managers across Home Lending and the Enterprise in the management of investments in change (process and technology). This leader must have a capacity for detail and the ability to strategically recognize risk and patterns to quickly adapt and lead the right change.
This person will have exceptionally strong thought leadership and analytic skills, with a proven ability to engage and influence Executive Management and leadership across multiple functions, ensuring strict compliance with government regulations and internal policies and procedures. Leadership, partnering and credibility will be determining factors in the selection.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support management, project management, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- 4+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven experience driving change through influence across a large matrix organization; change agent
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of projects ranging from simple to more complex solutions
- Proven ability to advise Change Delivery leaders on the creation of solutions to meet strategic business needs and goals
- Strong ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a high scope understanding, and distinguish requests from the underlying true needs
- Proven ability to partner and influence with business groups both outside and inside of Home Lending Servicing
- Experienced problem solver and collaborator, with demonstrated ability to escalate and communicate issues to executive management
- Proven ability to build and maintain a strong and effective team
- Leadership experience within a large corporate environment
- Strong communicator and the ability to know the audience and deliver the right message
- Strategic Leadership – Creating and achieving a desired future state [vision] through influence on individual and group goals, reinforcements and systems
- Results oriented with outstanding ability to motivate teams and mobilize the resources to accomplish objectives
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
- Organizational Awareness – Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, pressures, and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on investors, customers, and clients
- A respected business partner who adds value to the broader team
- A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and promoting talented and productive staff
- An impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, big picture orientation and business acumen
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0214272 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top