Business Support Manager 4 - Business Process Group Manager
The Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio ("IP") comprises public and private investments for Principal Investments ("PI") and public investments for Treasury Investments ("TI"). With dual reporting to Wholesale (PI) and Treasury (TI), IP manages the portfolio of AFS and HTM investments.
Principal Investments, a division of Wholesale Banking, is responsible for the evaluation of credit-driven investment opportunities across a broad spectrum of corporate bonds, notes, loans, Municipal bonds, CLOs and other asset backed securities. With a view towards long term holds, PI focuses on relative risk/reward by purchasing (and selling) at prices that enhance shareholder value and improve Wells Fargo's risk adjusted return on capital. As an extension of Wholesale's lending platform, PI applies the same depth of credit due diligence that other Wholesale lending divisions have historically applied to loan products. Accordingly, each investment is underwritten from the bottom up with thorough credit, structural, and legal analysis then monitored continuously until final repayment of principal
Treasury Investments (TI), a division of Corporate Finance, is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of fixed income investments to achieve liquidity, interest rate risk management, and capital management objectives on behalf of Corporate ALCO. TI invests in high quality, highly liquid and readily marketable securities that are primarily U.S. Treasury and government agency securities. Other investment asset classes include corporate bonds, municipal bonds, asset-backed and commercial mortgage-backed securities. With a view towards longer term investing, TI's asset appetite is discretionary at the direction of ALCO to deploy a portion of the Company's excess deposits in a safe and sound manner. TI relies on Principal Investments (PI) to analyze and monitor most credit sensitive individual investments
The IP COO Group coordinates and delivers infrastructure support across the portfolio including: program and initiative management for all asset classes and business groups, risk/regulatory/governance program implementation, end to end data program as well as staff support activities. The COO group works closely several Enterprise and Wholesale partners to drive change including: Information Technology, Securities Operations, Corporate Finance & Accounting, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Compliance, Enterprise Risk, Human Resources, Legal, Corporate Communications and Wells Fargo
- Reporting to the IP COO group, this position will manage a team of Business Process Consultants performing business analysis, process and technology change execution. Maintain product ownership of over 120 systems and tools supporting the Investment Portfolio. Business Process Consultants support IP Credit and Group Risk; Macro Strategy & Trading; Corporate, Municipal and Structured Products Portfolios; Reinsurance and Renewable Energy & Environmental Finance; Treasury Portfolio Analytics
- Coordinate with Enterprise and Wholesale Banking Data and Systems Strategy (e.g. Risk and Regulatory Data Program, eOne, Integrated Planning and Investment Optimization)
- Coordinate IP's technology infrastructure initiatives and system releases with EIT and partner groups
- Support, design, develop and implement the re-engineering of Investment Portfolio tools and business processes improving the data infrastructure and reporting mechanisms including CCAR, RRP and other regulatory requirements
- Establishes standards for measuring performance against process requirements
- Develops metrics that provide data for process management indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Performs or oversees complex analysis and applies analysis results to initiatives that support recommendations for optimal approaches; including proposed technology, staff and structure changes and cost estimates
- Possesses expert-level technical and critical thinking skills and the ability to partner with and lead others
- Works with Investment Credit Officers, Market Risk Consultants, Compliance and Operational risk professionals, Portfolio Managers and Executives to help define the business strategy and create/execute corresponding business plans and initiatives
- Possesses broad-based technical and business knowledge to anticipate emerging issues and recommend subsequent strategies and business direction
- Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality
- Drives business awareness of quality/process methodology
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of management experience
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support management, project management, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in the capital markets and investment banking industry
- 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Familiarity with key Investment Portfolio applications, data repositories and market sources (e.g. SimCorp, Matrics, MuniMatrics, Clockwork, CREWS, HALO, Bloomberg, Blackrock, LoanIQ, Calypso, CARD, LARS, Renewable Energy and Reinsurance tools)
- Familiarity with IP specific asset classes: Corporate Bonds, Loans, Syndicated Loans, Notes, Municipal Bonds, Reinsurance and Tax Equity Investing.
- Knowledge and understanding of key risk types (credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, operational, financial, reputational, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic and technology risk)
- Knowledge and understanding of banking regulations
- Experience with full trade lifecycle
- Understanding underwriting concepts
- Experience with business process mapping
- Strong technical writing skills
- Influencing executive decision making and successfully negotiating critical issues resolution.
- Building and maintaining a team member environment that promotes engagement, continuous learning, and development.
- Demonstrate Inclusive Leadership behaviors:
- Ensures everyone gets heard
- Provide actionable feedback
- Shares credit for team success
- Makes it safe to risk proposing novel ideas
- Empowers decision making by team members
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative partnerships across functions and business units, creating strategic alliances among diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated learning aptitude in complex portfolio analytics
- Established knowledge of the evolving regulatory environment and the various constraints on the portfolio.
- Experience with successfully managing both people and process aspects of organizational change and transitions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and other office suite applications including Word and PowerPoint
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0002183 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top