Business Support Manager 2 - Quality Control Leader
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG), we’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what’s needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
The creation of the Consumer Credit Solutions (CCS) Centralized Vendor Management Team acknowledges the increased requirements of managing third-party providers and consistently applying third-party policies and oversight of vendors in a uniform and robust manner. As a business, we need to achieve risk management excellence when it comes to vendors. Through this team, our team members will be able to better support each other and our respective lines of businesses.
This role will enable more optimal adherence to third party-related policy/procedures across CCS through:
- Testing of processes and controls, identifying and communicating deficiencies
- Reviewing and documenting deficiency resolution to ensure remediation is effective
- Partnering closely with Third Party Risk Management Program Team, CCS Policy/Process Team, Ops Risk, Compliance and Audit and any upcoming testing from these teams as well as sharing our testing results, where appropriate
- Promoting sustainability, where possible
This role is a part of a new functional capability within CCS for vendor management.
- Leading the creation, preparation, prioritization, review and execution of quality assurance/quality control/testing activities
- Working with CCS lines of business to execute testing of vendor management/third party processes and controls and support testing from Ops Risk and Compliance organizations
- Exhibiting credible challenge and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes and internal controls while maintaining professional independence throughout the testing engagement
- Documenting end to end process flows including dependencies, controls, inputs/outputs, systems, gap identification, etc.
- Reporting findings and providing recommendations to CCS line of business vendor management teams
- Providing potential solutions to identified gaps and associated risks to the CCS line of business vendor management teams
- Tracking issue/gap remediation to closure; promoting sustainability
This role will also partner closely with Third Party Risk Management Program Team, CCS Policy/Process Team, Ops Risk, Compliance and Audit Teams, as well as any upcoming testing from these teams, sharing our testing results, where appropriate.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support management, project management, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- 4+ years of testing or quality assurance experience
- 2+ years of experience performing risk assessments
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience documenting defects by appropriately reflecting what occurred, the reason it occurred and the closed loop process for correction
- Experience developing a process for testing the accuracy of the testers
- Ability to ensure proper and effective communication (including developing reporting) is in place
- Ability to handle complex matters/reviews, and special projects assigned by management (Testing includes, but is not limited to target reviews for issues identified that may contain potential gaps in existing processes, or ad hoc testing around issues identified externally by groups such as Ops Risk, Compliance and/or Audit)
- Experience understanding end-to-end process flows including dependencies, controls, inputs/outputs, systems, gap identification, etc.
- Experience effectively managing direct reports
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0115624 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top