Business Support Consultant/ Project Portfolio Management and Governance
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Consumer Lending, we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
- Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer ( Source: Inside Mortgage Finance )
Our Business Capability Development team manages and implements cross-organizational processes, technologies and initiatives for Home Lending.
This opportunity is within the Transformation Roadmap Integration and Governance Group (TRIG) group, which is responsible for the execution and governance of the Transformation Roadmap; a transformation of process, skills, tools, governance, organizations, roles, strategy, and integration across Home Lending. Project Portfolio Management and Governance consists of Portfolio Management, Release Management, Financial Management and Project Governance working together to ensure effective and efficient development and implementation of prioritized projects that are being delivered by Wells Fargo Home Lending to support the strategic and operational goals. Portfolio Management & Governance's purpose is to ensure all projects are directionally aligned to the Transformation Roadmap relative to business capabilities, needs, and technical architecture, adhere to established standard project processes, and are prioritized based on alignment, dependencies, business case, and capacity.
Wells Fargo Home Lending Project Governance and Support group is seeking to hire a Project Portfolio Manager / Business Support Consultant
Corp. job description for a BSC 3 – use what you'd like. -----Leads support functions and/or operations/production oversight usually for multiple business groups within a Line of Business.
Functions supported may include: Policy/procedure administration and adherence, systems/change initiatives, legal and regulatory adherence, SLA negotiation/development, reporting and analysis, project funding, pipeline, process improvement, quality management,, communications, financial control/budgeting oversight (example: monitoring business expenses) and/or team member processing (example: planning focal review). Consults with management and business partners on strategic approaches, effectiveness of support function, and business performance improvement opportunities for the applicable business functions. Presents to executive management on business performance and recommends strategies to implement changes and improvements. Utilizes thorough knowledge of the business unit's functional area or products to support strategic initiatives for the business. Provides work direction to lower level staff.
Responsibilities of this Business Support Consultant includes:
- Facilitate informed decision making; ensure the portfolio of projects that receive approval are best aligned with the strategic objectives of the organization
- Reduce the conflicting interests, requirements, issues and scope of prioritized projects
Support the ongoing operations of the project governance and validation process from front to back including:
- Program/Project priorities
- Project idea reviews and other stage gate reviews as projects move through the lifecycle
- Status governance and reporting
- Portfolio prioritization against business objectives
- Ensure Wells Fargo Home Lending interests are represented in the establishment of/or changes to corporate Project Management policy, methodology, and process
- Support the deployment of and the governance to the Project and Portfolio Management Tool system of record (CA PPM)
- Standardized Demand Management definitions, standard processes, and standard deliverables
- Support Vertical and Horizontal Program Managers and Project Delivery Leads with guidance through the process and reporting on their alignment to project methodology requirements
- Support Change Delivery Leadership and Executive Management team with their prioritization activities, and ensure strategically critical programs and projects are in alignment with standardized information they require to be successful
- Actively participate in and support the Project and Program Management Community of Practice
- Improve effectiveness of incremental spending on technology by providing visibility into status, risk and dependencies within the project portfolio
- The preferred working location is listed on the posting , however, we will consider anyone located in a Wells Fargo footprint location.*
- 6+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Budget management experience
- Ability to consolidate large amounts of project status information to identify key risks, customer impact, financial implications, delays, and issues that pose material risk
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Facilitation skills, including ability to facilitate decision-making and broker agreements amongst diverse, differing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of implementation coordination and management of: resources, tasks and budgets
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, processes, and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of technology project management: large, cross platform projects and programs
- Program and project management skills
- Ability to provide leadership by coaching, training, and mentoring
- Experience driving and leading organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrate experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0038974 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top