Business Risk and Control Sr. Associate- 3rd party
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
This position is part of the WFT Technology Control Group Third Party Officer team and will be responsible for providing support for the WFT Third Party Risk Management program and the WFT Group Third Party Officer. Key responsibilities include: Monitoring and Oversight of the Third Party Risk Management Program compliance activities within Wells Fargo Technology; Providing subject matter expertise as it relates to program requirements, policy changes, or changes to Third Party Management methodology and tools; Credible Challenge of Third Party program work and results; Identifying and reporting key risk issues; Ensure Third Party issues and concerns (e.g. oversight deficiencies, program concerns, and open risk items) are reported and escalated. The position involves oversight and execution of a number of deliverables and changing requirements. It requires the ability to manage and track those deliverables effectively. It also includes regular interaction with many levels of the organization and requires a level of customer service and professionalism at all times.
- 5+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 5+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- 1+ year of vendor management experience
- Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience communicating with business partners and project managers
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of third party risk management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of risk assessments documentation development
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk management in the financial services industry
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Professional presentation skills
- Experience developing and cultivating professional relationships
Other Desired Qualifications
• Prior experience with creating and maintaining compliance or risk program assessments, validations, or internal risk assessments.
• Experience with the Corporate Third Party Risk Management Program, Third Party SOR (TRIMS), Emptoris (SCM system) and experience as a Third Party Manager or Third Party Officer.
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2202 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd - Summit, NJ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top