Business Relationship Manager
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
While traditional Business Relationship Managers (BRMs) meet with their customers face-to-face and sit in local markets, the centralized BRMs work remotely in California, Arizona, and North Carolina and utilize phone, email and fax to communicate.
Effectively acquires, manages and grows account relationships with less complex business customers that have an annual gross of generally more than $2MM and less than $20MM in sales. Ensures the overall success & growth of an assigned portfolio by deepening relationships of existing customers and through the acquisition of new customers. Continually partners with existing customers in order to fully understand their businesses, goals, strategies and challenges. Proactively assesses their financial needs for the purpose of formulating a business plan and delivering an effective variety of financial products and services in order to help the customer succeed financially. Performs effective financial analysis and underwriting in the areas of credit, cash flow and collateral. Effectively partners with other Bankers and lines of business to deliver the full complement of Wells products and services. May structure and complete straight forward secured and unsecured business loans. This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business banking, offering products and services to meet the needs of customers, solving customer problems, or credit related experience
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Accounting or finance experience
- Customer service focus with the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend customer issues/needs, and recommend solutions
- Strong prospecting, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge and understanding of banking products and services
- Knowledge and understanding of business banking: credit
- Customer relationship management experience
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0060508 COMMUNITY BKG
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top