Business Payroll Services Sales Representative
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Community Banking operates one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country, serving customers throughapproximately 6,000 branches and 13,000 ATMs in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Our group includes Business Strategy and Administration; Customer and Branch Experience;Customer Remediation Office; Distribution Strategy Group; Regional Banking; Regional Services; and Customer Segments, and serves mass market, affluent, and small business customers. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers and providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams.
Wells Fargo Business Payroll Services (BPS) is searching fora highly motivated outside Sales Representative.Come work with a leader in the banking and payroll industry. This is an excellent opportunity for qualified candidates to continue a successful career in a Business-to-Business product and services based environment.
As a BPS Sales Representative, you will be responsible for building long-term relationships with internal and external business partners, and centers of influence to earn payroll referral opportunities from business customers in person and by phone. Through proactive outreach and self-sourcing, you will deepen the understanding of employers' payroll & HR needs, offer products and services that align to those needs in collaboration with key partners, and gather core information from the customer to transition to the implementation team.Must be able to travel within an assigned territory to pursue internal/external partnering opportunities and customer meetings out in the field as needed.
As part of your relationship building strategy, you will develop and deliver formal presentations to prospective customers and internal/external partners to educate them on product and service knowledge and payroll & HR process. Having knowledge of how small to medium size businesses operate is important to understand owner responsibilities and effectively conduct business needs assessments. Presenting to customers is your opportunity to ask for the business every time with the ability to successfully respond to or overcome any questions or objections. Through these interactions, you will quickly identify who will weigh in on decision making, understand the roles inside the company, and how each contributes to the business.
Setting personal objectives and performance standards for each interaction and activity. Working with key bank leaders and internal/external partners as needed to strategize on increasing introductions to payroll, create buy-in, and add value to their team.
The ideal candidate displays a high degree of professionalism in every interaction, has excellent communications skills, is a master in time management, and has strong knowledge of payroll products, services and employee benefits. To be successful, you must possess the skills necessary to carry out creative marketing plans and achieve objectives and performance standards while adhering to all Wells Fargo Bank and Wells Fargo BPS programs and policies. Learn quickly and on the job with the ability to utilize resources for additional training/education. Generate business introductions with partners where needed and be able learn and understand the corporation as a whole, to understand the strengths of the bank and our stance in the industry.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 3+ years of experience assessing and meeting the needs of customers and/or solving customer problems
- Business payroll experience
- Direct-sourcing and prospecting new client experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of banking or accounting
- Solid negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Coaching, training, and motivating skills
- 1+ year of business-to-business sales experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Experience developing and cultivating professional relationships
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Ability to present to decision makers in a professional and confident manner
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Financial industry experience
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to meet performance objectives in sales, service and quality assurance
Other Desired Qualifications
- 1+ year(s) of offering payroll products and or employer services based on customer needs
- 1+ year(s) experience in external consultative business analysis for business customers
- Experience conducting external business needs analysis, product marketing, payroll operations and/or strategic/consulting in a business oriented environment; in financial services or payroll industry
CA-SF-Financial District: 1 California St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0079056 COMMUNITY BKG
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top