Business Initiatives Senior Manager
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wholesale Control Strategy and Transformation team has an opportunity for an experienced, forward-thinking Senior Business Initiatives Manager (BIM) to join the team focused on the International work. The Senior Business Initiative Manager will report to the head of International CS&T and will provide initiative management leadership for strategic initiatives related to the assessment and development of controls for the Wholesale Lines of Businesses (LOBs).
The BIM will be responsible for senior-level leadership of cross functional teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of risk management programs, services and initiatives that are significant in scope, complexity and risk. The programs typically have Wholesale-wide impact and align to Wholesale Control objectives, or may have enterprise-wide impact. The BIM will drive the integration and implementation of programs and initiatives by leveraging relationships with functional business partners; able to manage and prioritize competing strategies, and adjusting as necessary. Works with functional leaders to obtain resources, influence outcomes, address conflict and ensure alignment with WF strategy/policies and business line objectives. Responsible for proactively identifying potential risks when implementing change, along with developing a mitigation strategy and plan. Ensures the team has developed metrics and tracks/evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives. Ensures plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations.
The BIM will be responsible for providing oversight and leadership for the assigned initiatives. They will establish strategic plans and objectives and appropriately guide the outcome of the projects. They will be expected to have a proficient level of knowledge and experience in Risk Management and Wholesale Banking to partner with subject matter experts and project team members to properly guide the development of project deliverables to meet business benefit objectives.
The position will collaborate with team members in separate geographical locations, including international locations, and will require remote management skills and travel. The BIM may administratively manage project staff and may be responsible for managing outside vendor resources. The BIM will provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to less experienced project staff.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 5+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- 10+ years' Financial Services Industry at a full-service financial institution with domestic and international operations with at least 5 years in Wholesale Banking or similar experience. In-depth knowledge of Wholesale Banking processes and operating requirements at a large, complex, and globally-diverse financial institution.
- 8+ years' Project Portfolio Management/Change Management experience. Experience with project portfolios/projects involving multiple technologies and processes and ability to align demand for change with resource capacity to deliver.
- Proven experience in strategic change management practices and demonstrated experience in applying those practices to achieve business objectives. Proven experience in business driven projects that require process improvement, organizational change, and technology enablement.
- 5+ years of in-depth knowledge of Operational Risk, Compliance Risk Management and/or Financial Crimes Risk Management practices.
- Degree from an accredited 4-year undergraduate academic institution.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative partnerships and facilitate efforts across business units, creating alliances among diverse stakeholders. Leadership ability to motivate team members, actively lead and facilitate discussions, and drive toward decisions that are in the best interest of Wells Fargo and our customers.
- Must be a proactive self-starter who values personal accountability and thrives under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Proven ability to navigate through ambiguity and maintain momentum driving for results and clarity in uncertain situations.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to write & communicate items in a consumable form by senior executives.
- Ability to leverage creative thinking and problem solving skills to facilitate decisions to ensure project outcomes result in expected business value. Ability to analyze data and connect the dots, making recommendations to management and the project teams in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage and/or collaborate with geographically dispersed teams and matrixed relationships.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0013168 WHOLESALE BANKING
Back to top