Business Initiatives Manager
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. As a manager, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. In your role as a manager, you will also demonstrate leadership by building and sustaining an inclusive culture that values diversity, and helping your team understand and be inspired by their connections to the Vision & Values of Wells Fargo. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
With approximately 13,700 team members, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) serves Wells Fargo consumer and small business customers through various channels — digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact center (phone, email, and correspondence). WFVC’s vision is to pioneer the next generation of financial services and provide the best virtual experiences, anytime, anyhow, and anywhere. Over 32 million customers use our digital channels to manage their financial lives, and our customer-facing contact centers support approximately 450 million customer contacts annually. Whether our customers connect with us online or by phone, email, or in writing, WFVC is positioned to satisfy our customers’ financial needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Wells Fargo Digital Platform and Capabilities team is looking for an individual to work across the enterprise to lead efforts defining, developing and implementing new collaboration capabilities that leverage existing channels and provide our customers and bankers improved tools for communication.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Leadership of cross functional & virtual teams/programs, to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives that are significant in scope, complexity and risk
- Ability to recognize the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjust approach as necessary
- Leadership in the management of relationships and integration /implementation of programs/services/initiatives with cross functional business partners
- Work with Lines of Business, channel and product partners to identify opportunities for program implementation and complementary work efforts
- Provide updates and presentations to senior leadership on development efforts, success measurements, and overall impact
- Finance /operational/executive management review coordination
- Incorporate process improvement and redesign efforts into program and initiatives
- Determine need for major change management initiatives resulting from program and initiative implementation
- Work with functional management to obtain resources, influence outcomes, address conflict and ensure alignment with WF strategy /policies and business line objectives
- Develop metrics and tracks/evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations
- Manages a team to accomplish the work
Location: San Francisco, CA
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Experience communicating trends and impacts to all management levels
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to articulate a complex problem, design, or build strategy
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Knowledge and understanding of digital technologies to include strong digital design sensibilities and familiarity with best practices for user-centered digital design
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven experience working with executives and senior managers to help define priorities, communicate progress and articulate benefits of program initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of information to identify key risks and dependencies cross-enterprise that may have impact on program’s initiative implementation
- Proven experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Knowledge and understanding of collaboration tools and associated industry trends
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0015819 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top