Business Initiatives Consultant 2 - Wells Fargo Asset Management
Let's talk about you
You have a proven track record of success but you're looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you'll find that opportunity. You'll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Let's talk about us
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Let's talk about the job
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) strives to help investors achieve their financial goals through investment solutions managed by specialized investment teams and backed by collaborative service. WFAM's investment approach centers on autonomous investment teams that maintain their own independent research, idea-generation, and decision-making processes. Its independent investment risk management approach provides a consistent, unbiased framework for analyzing and balancing risk in portfolios. WFAM offers the expertise of over 29 investment teams—each focused on specialized, niche portfolio management strategies—that attempt to meet the diverse needs of our investors.
This position in Fund Administration will lead the group, in partnership with external service providers, in all business and product development initiatives. The role will be dynamic and require the candidate to be nimble to support various projects. While not exhaustive, initiatives may include new fund launches, fund adoptions, mergers or fund closures, management of proxy campaigns, operational support of new investment strategies, developing and managing RFPs, transition management. Duties will also include identifying opportunities and implement/amend processes and procedures to improve operational efficiencies and quality services in the department. Excellent communication skills are required as the role will be representing the department and will interact with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects. The role will consult with business partners to clarify and define complex project requirements, budgets and business cases as needed.
- Provide strategic perspective and leadership to special projects / initiatives including fund mergers, product launches and proxy solicitations
- Lead the department in all operational aspects to support such initiatives
- Develop, communicate and manage critical milestones
- Create and deliver presentations in support of Board materials and senior leadership meetings
- Maintain and enhance a proactive relationship with business partners across WFAM, including Compliance, Legal, Product, Investments, Marketing, Sub-Advisors such as Wells Capital Management, etc.
- Identify, plan and communicate impact of initiatives/projects to vendors and service providers including custodians, fund accountants, auditors, financial printers, credit providers, prime brokers, securities lending agents, etc.
- Create and maintain operational efficiencies via technology, automation and review of business process. Drive the quality process with the goal of maximizing metrics and attaining clean internal and external audit results.
- Assist in oversight to ensure accuracy of and adherence to policies and procedures for all NAV calculations, performance calculations, dividend declarations, yield calculations and expense ratios on behalf of the Funds.
- Manage proxy campaigns and vendors and impacts to business partners across WFAM
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 10+ years of mutual fund industry experience
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to work across multiple lines of business leading large scale initiatives
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Minimum 6+ years of related fund administration industry experience
- Experience in management of large proxy campaigns
- Versed in the regulations governing fund industry as set forth by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Internal Revenue Service, CSSF and other governing agencies.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with both customer and team member issues.
- Deep understanding of the asset management business
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0078616 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top