Business Initiatives Consultant 2
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA): Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation's third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
The First Clearing (FC) Strategic Solutions Team develops innovative approaches and solutions to our client firms' needs, leading those initiatives through implementation. These efforts range from small to large, and require a significant amount of effective communication and negotiation with technology and business partners with Wells Fargo Advisors and Wells Fargo.
The Business Initiatives Consultant (BIC) exhibits a strong commitment to identifying and implementing the best strategic solution for both existing and newly identified business needs. The BIC works independently under tight timelines when necessary. No two projects are the same, the BIC is responsible for demonstrating flexibility in approach to partnering with and facilitating the various teams. Projects have diversity from business process change management, vendor procurement, new products or services, small funded application projects to full technology implementations with multiple and/or complex systems, workflows and large project teams. The BIC leads or participates in the development of business requirements, implementation, change management, risk mitigation, training and communications to client firms and senior leadership. Works closely with First Clearing Risk Management, Service, Operations and Growth teams, and partners with Wells Fargo Advisors Innovation and Strategy's Financial Advisor Platform, Wells Fargo Clearing Services Operations, Regulatory and Compliance, Wealth Investment Management Planning and Execution, and Wells Fargo architecture, technology and application owners.
- Consult with project managers and/or lead project teams overseeing strategic initiatives that impact client firms with multiple or organization-wide systems, workflows or products/project with medium and high risk
- Lead or participate in the development of complex business requirements
- Manage multiple small enhancement projects or change requests from funding to completion using project management policies and best practices
- Identify risks and issues with projects impacting client firms
- Work with project teams and users to understand complex problems and focus on bringing issues to resolution, escalating as necessary
- Manage client firms through change management best practices by preparing effective communications for training, resistance management, and adoption of the platform
- Participate in annual planning for funding resources. Build business cases with finance partners to successfully navigate the funding process
- Interact and negotiate with mid to senior level management on behalf of FC on strategic projects
- Create and deliver presentations to senior level management at FC and client firms on project goals, benefits, milestones, and planning
- May present alternative solutions to senior management
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- FINRA registration including Series 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 99 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Ability to evaluate risks and the impact of decisions on an overall organization
- Ability to facilitate meetings and reach conclusions
- Ability to identify business needs and deliver solutions in close partnership with line of business and technology
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Ability to manage small projects
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to provide strong customer service while listening, eliciting information, and comprehending customer issues
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Leadership experience
- Ability to create and deliver dynamic presentations
- Experience in problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management
- Experience using business knowledge and critical thinking skills to deliver upstream and downstream project impacts
- Ability to travel domestically
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0203899 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top