Business Initiatives Consultant 2 (Commercial Mortgage Servicing - Financial Crimes)
- San Francisco, CA
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Commercial Real Estate (WCRE) operates throughout the United States, as well as Canada and the United Kingdom, to deliver a comprehensive platform of financing and banking products for experienced commercial real estate companies including balance sheet lending, CMBS origination and distribution, loan servicing, agency financing for multifamily properties, and debt and equity capital for affordable housing.
Wells Fargo Commercial Mortgage Servicing (CMS) is the industry leader and provider of real estate loan servicing in the United States, with global locations in India. CMS provides the best in class mortgage servicing for a variety of third party customers and stakeholders, including Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS), Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS), US Government-Sponsored Entities (GSE), US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Interim Lenders, Specialized Warehouse Lenders, and Secondary-Market Lenders. CMS also provides loan and portfolio level asset management for SRE/Real Estate Capital markets (RECM) balance sheet loans and loan and facility level asset management for Commercial Mortgage Loan Finance (CMLF). Services include: payment and escrow processing, cash and treasury management, asset management and surveillance - loan covenants, borrower consent requests, and investor reporting and collateral administration.
The CMS Specialized cash management (Scm) team is seeking our next Business Initiatives consultant and seasoned professional to manage strategic initiatives, primarily in the realm of Financial Crimes and customer onboarding.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing subject matter expertise and policy guidance on KYC/CDD
- Driving accountability among Scm team members as it pertains to outstanding risk deliverables
- Researching and reconciling of data between multiple Wells Fargo systems (WCIS/Cornerstone/Hogan/Strategy)
- Reporting to senior management within CMS and Commercial Real Estate
- Recommending and implementing of process improvements
- Supporting the overall Scm team via other responsibilities as assigned
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of financial crimes experience, 3+ years of which is in a banking environment
- Treasury management experience
- Commercial Real Estate experience
- Experience using HOGAN
- Experience utilizing Cornerstone, WCIS
- Experience conducting Periodic Reviews
- Experience authoring and/or reviewing High Risk Memos
- CAMS or comparable financial crimes certification
- Knowledge and understanding BSA/AML, CDD, EDD including HRA, PEP, and SARF
- BS/BA Degree or higher
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Intermediate ability with MS Excel, including knowledge of some advanced functions (v-lookup, indexing, formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
- Leadership experience
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CA-Concord: 2001 Clayton Road - Concord, CA
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top