Business Initiatives Consultant 1 - Resolution and Recovery Plan-Services and Operations
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA): Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation’s third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
The Services and Operations group is a key component to the on-going success of Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA). The group provides for the service, transactional and technical foundation upon which all of Wells Fargo Advisors’ business functions operate; and does so in a manner that continually improves the firm’s competitive advantage. The Resolution and Recovery Plan department is a new team within the Operational Services and Control group, within Services and Operations.
The Business Initiatives Consultant for the Resolution and Recovery Plan department is responsible for the development and maintenance of processes to support the Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) Resolution and Recovery Plan from a WFA and brokerage operations perspective; and, develop and support the relevant Financial Market Utility (FMU) risk oversight processes for brokerage related processes. Additionally, the Business Initiatives Consultant will be responsible for supporting the maintenance and on-going activities performed by the Services and Operations Incident Management team. The Business Initiatives Consultant will work with the WFC Resolution and Recovery Planning team and WFA senior management to build a resilient well-controlled process for keeping the WFA portion of the WFC Resolution Plan current and will be responsible for any new work efforts as additional sections of the Plan are developed.
Position responsibilities include the following:
- Under the direction of the Business Initiatives Manager-Resolution and Recovery, develop and maintain the Resolution and Recovery Plan sections related to WFA or Payment, Clearance and Settlement activities, involving securities products, including the strategies, narrative descriptions and data elements.
- WFA wide and firm-wide coordination with other business partners, including Corporate Treasury, Wholesale, WIM, and Risk Management, as well as other key impacted business lines and support teams as it relates to Payment, Clearance and Settlement activities for securities products.
- Assist the Corporate Treasury team with strategic assessment of both Resolution and Recovery Plan regulatory requirements and plan strategy components to determine needs and to develop necessary plan content as it relates to either WFA processes or firm-wide Payment, Clearance and Settlement activities for securities products.
- Assist the Corporate Treasury team in responding to questions from regulators on an ad-hoc basis or through the regular examination cycle.
- Support and primary back-up role in the continued development and maintenance of the Incident Management program for WFA.
- The development and maintenance of the firm-wide risk oversight program for key brokerage-related FMUs.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry front office trading, liquidity management, and risk management
- Financial services industry experience
- Brokerage operations experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0195133 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top