Business Development Officer
The Business Development Officer creates sales opportunities with an RCBO (Regional Commercial Banking Office) being the first contact to the potential customer or client. The BDO partners with the RCBO to initiate and progress the transaction through the major channels of the bank.
Duties and responsibilities include: increases Wells Fargo relevancy to prospective customers to position the Wells Fargo commercial banking team for new business opportunities through consistent calling effort and delivery of value added ideas. Partners with the Regional Vice President(s) to develop the unit's sales strategy and to lead marketing efforts in a defined territory. Assists with the sales processes including prospect prioritization, initial contact and pursuit strategy, identification of fit and opportunity, due diligence and proposal development, and overall management of new customer acquisition. Works with the RCBO(s) to initiate and advance new business transactions (including cross-sell opportunities) through a diversity of wholesale channels within the Bank.
Will consider locations within the territory which includes Kern County (Bakersfield and surrounding areas. Local travel throughout territory is required.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of commercial sales experience
- Account relationship management experience
- Risk management experience
- Marketing experience
- Experience negotiating interest rates, price, terms, and collateral requirements
- Experience growing a business or portfolio of clients
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial or specialty group: lending, loan servicing, products, and credit practices
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in and knowledge of the Central Valley of California marketplace for, commercial, middle market, business and/or corporate banking
- Comprehensive knowledge of:
- commercial bank credit practices (structuring and underwriting experience)
- other banking services commonly provided by major banking institutions such as treasury management, liquidity management, hedging/risk management products, and employee benefits
- knowledge of investment banking products, asset based lending products, and other capital markets solutions
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0010282 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top