Business Change Project Manager
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Main Function of the Role:
Wholesale Portfolio Delivery (WPD) International team is responsible for managing business change initiatives that may span the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions.
This Project Manager position reports into a Project Management Manager and will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of change projects that cross multiple Lines of Business (LoBs), and Legal Entities (LEs) whilst working with delivery partners e.g. Legal, Compliance, Finance, Operations. Change projects may range from Regulatory, Compliance, Business Enablement and Strategic Transformation.
- Lead a number of small to medium Business Initiatives and Change Management work-streams; interact with stakeholders and across numerous disciplines to both ensure (i) the objectives of any work undertaken are commonly understood and agreed; (ii) progress against those objectives is communicated in a timely; accurate and appropriate manner.
- Contribute to the budget process, gathering data on resource requirements to support work-streams and subjecting initial estimates to rigorous challenge before presenting them to the Regional Lead for consolidation.
- Escalate, as appropriate, any issues arising in the support of work streams managed which may have a negative impact on the International Platform/Process or the delivery of the project as a whole or on resources and/ or systems.
- Ensure all work undertaken is delivered in accordance with both established Wholesale PD process and protocols and the Wells Fargo Project Management Policy and Methodology.
- Accountable for direct and independent management of primarily low risk rated projects that are typically small to medium initiatives that could include a work stream within a larger initiative that may be led by a program manager.
- Identifies and determines the need for business SMEs, sponsors, stakeholders and project roles, and identifies associated responsibilities, alone or in conjunction with peers, direct manager, project team or program lead.
- Seeks counsel of peers, stakeholders, and/or program/project leads in times of strategically complex or critical ambiguity and adapts planning, communications, and engagements accordingly.
- Incorporates multi-business and enterprise support operations organizational/systems knowledge and navigation to anticipate change impacts.
- Ensures full understanding of project impacts then translates that into comprehensive engagement strategies.
- Performs all usual duties of a Project Manager in accordance with policy and throughout the project lifecycle, methodology and artifact creation. This includes needs identification; resource requirements; project dependencies and interdependencies, planning and progression; financials management; status reporting; prolific and effective communications; ongoing risk assessment and adaptation; and appropriate escalation strategies and implementation. Ensures that Risk controls are met including escalating project risks as appropriate; identifying, assessing, and managing project risks, engaging project team members and risk managers, and ensuring completion and ongoing risk analysis and risk management plan.
Market Skills and Certifications
Market Skills and Certifications
- Experience in a combination of different change initiatives e.g. regulatory, compliance, operational risk, people & process, business enablement, etc.
- Change Management experience gained within an International Investment Bank in the capacity as a Project Manager.
- Experience in contributing to the build out of project proposals for executive sponsorship; both management consultancy and bank side background considered.
- Project management experience and ability to demonstrate management of cross functional/cross discipline teams both through and influence.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Proficiency in managing multiple tasks; work-streams concurrently, prioritizing accordingly to ensure consistent delivery to time.
- Strong analytical skills; the role requires interpretation and synthesis of regulatory, business and technical information to ensure that the solutions implemented meet the needs of both Wells Fargo and its clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to vary approach and so ensure that the method of communicating any message is tailored to the intended audience.
- Hands on experience with one of a combination of project management, project delivery, and project methodologies e.g. PMI CAPM, PMI PMP would be advantageous, including study towards such an accreditation.
- Hands on day-to-day expertise of Microsoft Project, and a project management tool e.g. Clarity.
- Unquestionable conduct, ethics and integrity.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Back to top