Business Banking Specialist Full Time Millbrae area
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
The Business Banking Specialist proactively grows and deepens relationships with existing small business customers as well as actively prospects for new Wells Fargo small business and retail customers. Business Banking Specialists work on earning all of the business of a small business owner, including their consumer and small business needs, while ensuring retention and exercising excellent customer service in all customer interactions. Business Banking Specialists are an active champion for small business and bring focus and attention to small business opportunities. The Business Banking Specialist’s key accountabilities are to offer deposit, lending and other small business product solutions in order to serve as an expert in business packages and achieving performance objectives that meet the customer’s needs and financial goals. As needed, they provide product delivery and service support to retail customers. In addition, a Business Banking Specialist may reach out into the community by visiting businesses, and may conduct educational seminars in the community.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business, retail, or experience interacting with people or customers
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Basic knowledge and understanding of retail and/or small business products and strategies
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience meeting or exceeding performance objectives including credit products and introducing customers to internal partners
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet individual and team goals
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet individual and team objectives while maintaining individual performance over the long term
- Prior experience in a role as a business advocate
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Knowledge and understanding of sales prospecting and generating referrals
- Knowledge and understanding of banking products and services
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage industry and retail banking operations
- Experience sourcing small business clientele
- Ability to provide exceptional customer satisfaction to retain and grow customer banking relationships
- Experience leading or participating in events and activities for local networks or professional organizations, such as the chamber of commerce, professional business groups, or chapters of national organizations such as the United Way
- An AA/AS degree or higher in business or finance
- Wells Fargo retail, business, or mortgage experience
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
CA-Millbrae: 490 Broadway – Millbrae, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0000240 COMMUNITY BKG
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top