Business Banking Manager 3
This position is responsible for strategy implementation, management, P&L, and ownership of Banker managed lending. It directs the expansion of business through executing Business Banking relationship strategy and/or acquisition strategy resulting in new business within a major region. The primary goal is to increase profitability, market share, and wallet share of customers total financial services needs by continually enhancing and growing the portfolio. Implements the overall division strategy, goals and direction. Typical team is comprised of 5-7 direct reports and 50-80 total reports.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 6+ years of business banking or commercial banking experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Commercial credit experience
- Leadership experience including mentoring and coaching
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Experience recruiting, motivating, and coaching a team of sales management professionals
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business related field
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0073668 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top