Business Banking Manager 2
Manages a small business banking relationship management team with more complex portfolios. Promotes the growth of the team's portfolio by implementing marketing and business plans, reviews the quality of the Team's business, and ensures the loan portfolio remains sound. Reviews credit limits of Relationship Managers and ensures all credit decisions are in compliance with policies and standards. Exercises the usual authority of a manager in the hiring, training, motivating and developing team members. Typical team is generally comprised of up to 14 total team members.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 4+ years of business banking or commercial banking experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Commercial credit experience
- Ability to motivate others to greater performance
- Ability to successfully exceed goals with a results focus
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Business development experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business related field
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience with partner/collaboration efforts with a Business Banking Group and/or a Wholesale group (RCBO)
- Knowledge and understanding of High Net Worth (HNW) clients: credit requests
- Experience in coaching and influencing management, as well as experience with the affluent or high net worth customer
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0063949 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top